1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Product Listing Ads

I have set up product listing ads for my client through Merchants and Adwords.... does anyone know how to set a higher budget on ONE particular product as it is very competitive and they want it on Page1 with their competitors?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

You can't bid for a product but you can bid for a keyword. In Adwords go to the Product Listing Campaign and click "keywords". Then enter the keywords you think users search in order to find the product in question. Let it gurgle for a few hours. Then come back and see what Adwords says about your bid - e.g. "Below First Page", etc.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi Doodled,

Thanks for your response. A Google representative phoned me up the other day to talk through the AdWords account (prior to this question raised) The lady on the phone told me to delete these keywords as they do nothing to the campaign.

Through further research on Friday and over the weekend, you can actually bid for a product, brand etc through the "Auto Targets"
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

You're absolutely right - you can use Auto Target and the id of the item to bid higher for that product or the brand to bid higher for a particular brand.

The hole is that Google doesn't really help you in what you are bidding higher for. So you want to be at the top when someone searches "Product X" and you bid higher for your item. It doesn't mean you are bidding for "Product X"!

However if it is clear from your item title and description that the item is "product x" it should work ....