#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    0

    PPC Competition End-Of-Month


    Hi,

    One of my clients we do some SEO work for noticed that they are getting a lot busier towards the end of the month than during the month.

    Is there any research out there that suggests that because businesses PPC budgets might be running low towards the end of the month
    that organic results may get more traffic?



    Thanks.
  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,035
    Rep Power
    1840
    Originally Posted by rmartin93
    Hi,
    Is there any research out there that suggests that because businesses PPC budgets might be running low towards the end of the month
    that organic results may get more traffic? .
    Google doesn't work like that - it works on a daily budget. If your daily budget is not enough (Google will tell you) You can choose to spend that budget fast (early in the day) or spread it out across the day

    Comments on this post

    • ThomasHarvey agrees
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    228
    Originally Posted by rmartin93
    Hi, One of my clients we do some SEO work for noticed that they are getting a lot busier towards the end of the month than during the month. Is there any research out there that suggests that because businesses PPC budgets might be running low towards the end of the month that organic results may get more traffic? Thanks.
    What's possible is high organic traffic due to high PPC performance. But a particularly high organic traffic ("a lot busier") at the end of the month due to PPC budget running low, I don't see a connection.

    Originally Posted by Doodled
    Google doesn't work like that - it works on a daily budget. If your daily budget is not enough (Google will tell you) You can choose to spend that budget fast (early in the day) or spread it out across the day
    Disclaimer: The post is probably referring to something else entirely. But just to clarify possible confusion, Google does exceed daily budget and may use a part of your budget for day 1 and use it during days 2, 3 etc. depending on fluctuations. But Google will make sure to stay within the monthly budget.

Similar Threads

  1. #1 Rank On Yahoo, 15K Exact/month, 150 Visitors/month... Wondering Why
    By Borkboing in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 3rd, 2013, 07:20 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 15th, 2012, 02:50 AM
  3. Summary Box: Auto sales show month-to-month gain (AP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Business News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
  4. Verizon lets FiOS customers sign up month-to-month (AP)
    By RSS_News_User in forum Technology News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 15th, 2007, 05:13 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo