1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

PPC business sensitive?

Does it always make sense to run a PPC campaign, I'm putting a bid in for a client, small recruitment agency, and I'm wondering whether PPC is likely to be of much use. They're mostly interested in attracting companies looking for candidates and do not need to attract candidates themselves, will PPC be useful in this regard, the budget is small.
    I'm not very experienced with PPC and was wondering how I'd go about checking its usefulness re certain niches and business goals, PPC newb here.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hrm, to be totally honest...PPC has always seemed to me like the kind of thing that can become a money pit if you aren't sure of what you're doing. So I wouldn't run one for a client if I had 0 prior experience. The odds seem high to me that their money will probably go to nothing. Maybe I'm wrong though, I dunno.

What keywords will you be bidding on? Once you know that, you'll need to look into what kind of competition those keywords have. Once you know that, I think you should be able to figure out approximately what you'll need to bid in order to see results.

We have one or two users around here who are PPC wizards, so I'll let them chime in with more precise advice. I only have a glancing knowledge of it myself.
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

PPC has its own set of benefits considered it's done the right away, else as Mark said above, it could and it will become a money pit pretty quickly.

Unlike organic traffic, PPC isn't free but with PPC you control your ranks based on the amount you bid on each keyword. PPC is also a very good way to quickly generate traffic and find out how users interact with your website. This will provide vital information on the areas that need improvement to increase conversions.

Even from the traffic vantage point, you can gain a lot more target traffic with PPC by selecting the right combination of phrase and exact matches.

So yes, PPC has certain advantages over organic search, the most important one being the generation of (almost) instant traffic.

PPC done right can result in achieving great ROI and if done wrong can wipe out your entire marketing budget in a jiffy.

Start small and proceed with caution.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees

SEO FAQs - You might find your answer here.
    SEOchat Forum Rules - Read Before You Post
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by pro_seo

Unlike organic traffic, PPC isn't free
    Who told you organic traffic is free?

Comments on this post

• whiterabbit agrees : lol