1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How do you track conversions?

I'm outsourcing paid search right now (until I learn how to do it myself). The person I'm using says that she's getting almost 30% conversion on her paid ads, and says industry standard is around 2%? Sounds too good to be true? Pretty crappy CTR, but almost 30% of visitors either fill out a contact form or call.

From what I've researched, these numbers are like a unicorn? Lol. What should I ask or look for to confirm? Is this typically how measure conversion or is that industry standard based on sales, and not leads?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

cbmorales04, Yes, for a standard performing campaign Conversion Rate should be around 2-3%. I would say you have a pretty good performing campaign.

Although one thing you should examine is how much quality are those Contact Form Fillups and Calls you have been getting from your paid ads? If they are all solid leads then you are in the right path.
  5. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by cbmorales04
    I'm outsourcing paid search right now (until I learn how to do it myself). The person I'm using says that she's getting almost 30% conversion on her paid ads, and says industry standard is around 2%? Sounds too good to be true? Pretty crappy CTR, but almost 30% of visitors either fill out a contact form or call.

From what I've researched, these numbers are like a unicorn? Lol. What should I ask or look for to confirm? Is this typically how measure conversion or is that industry standard based on sales, and not leads?
    You should be receiving detailed reports conversions, there should be zero guessing on your part. 30% conversion? I am calling BS. Are you using ReachLocal or some other national service?