1. No Profile Picture

Unhappy How do I isolate similar keyword phrases?

Okay, this is for a food pantry/food bank. They also serve as a pet food pantry/pet food bank. Each has its own Ad Group and ad(s). The problem is, the "pet food bank" is triggering the ad for the (human) "food bank" and tanking the quality score for the pet food keyword phrases. Should I break the pet food out into its own campaign? Would that help? How do I isolate the human food keyword phrases from the pet food keyword phrases? Apparently, doing "Exact Match" isn't cutting it.

Suggestions?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Without seeing your campaign its a little difficult; but from what you are describing having separate ad-groups should have done it. You shouldn't get Ads from one ad-group being shown for keywords from another ad-group UNLESS there is overlap in the keywords.

In other words if you have [food bank] in both ad groups then Google will decide which to display at any given time and this may not be the one that you want (could be 'random' or could be forced by your bidding options/budget distribution or ...)

If your concern is that the human food bank is harming your pet ad-group then I would look to be more specific in your terms for that ad-group.
    i.e. +pet +food +bank or [pet food bank] :: +dog +food +bank or [dog food bank] :: etc
    Freelance SEO and Web Developer
    Latest Clients Home Discount and Printed Products
  5. No Profile Picture

If your concern is that the human food bank is harming your pet ad-group then I would look to be more specific in your terms for that ad-group.
    i.e. +pet +food +bank or [pet food bank] :: +dog +food +bank or [dog food bank] :: etc
    Actually doing the modified broad search fixed it right up. I had them in two different ad groups, and that didn't help at all. I put the pets one in its own campaign (I probably didn't need to do that - oh well) and did the modified broad search for the human food bank stuff too. Perfecto. I'm discovering the beauty of the modified broad search.

Thank you!