1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Green Google adwords Ads

As yellow is out and Google ads are green now. I have noticed an increase in my CTR. How did you notice.
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

We're having a related discussion here: Green Google Ads, I just think its that greedy corporate side of Google surfacing.

You're seeing an increase in your CTR, though? I actually wouldn't have expected that at all. Are you sure that the change to green is directly related to your increased CTR? It's not like a seasonal thing, or a natural flux, or the result of some new copy?

There's an article in The SEM Post where they say that:

Google also saw no change in CTRs of either organic or AdWords ads when the ad tag color was changed. So it seems the change was made purely for esthetic reasons rather than for CTR reasons, which will make many SEOs happy.
    That's what Google claims anyway.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes may be the high CTR would be for a specific day or it is the effect of the new ads color change. Anyway now it looks close to organic results.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

From my experience, when google first changed the colors, a lot of non -English speakers clicked on the first green ad since they had a difficult time understanding this is not an organic result...I noticed a lot of this happened in non-English speakers countries, they don't pay attention to the text "Ad" but to the fact that it is not yellow and it is the first result. Very annoying actually for the 1st organic result (that is often mistaken for being 3rd!)