1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Referral Program

I have still seen 1000's of pages on sites and tons of inactive links. If you still have them you need to clean them up. Some still don't know this was canceled.

From Google:
    During the last week of August 2008, the AdSense referrals feature was retired for both AdWords advertiser products and all Google products, including AdSense, AdWords, Pack, Firefox plus Google Toolbar, Apps, and Checkout. After careful consideration, we believe that we can best serve our advertisers and publishers through our AdSense for content product.

Now that August is over, any remaining referral ads on your site are no longer working and appear as blank space on your website. In order to prevent a decrease in your AdSense earnings, we strongly encourage you to replace all referral ad code on your sites with AdSense for content ad code as soon as possible. You can get this ad code by signing in to your AdSense account, selecting the AdSense Setup tab, and choosing AdSense for content as the product.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

The code still shows up? I would expect it to not show up the same way like when you have too many adsense, more than 3 does not even show up. Surprising.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by xjessie007
    The code still shows up? I would expect it to not show up the same way like when you have too many adsense, more than 3 does not even show up. Surprising.
    I know.
    That is why I looked into it.
    As far as i can tell, the program has been discontinued.
    That was from my Google account.
    I know this post might be in the wrong section, but couldn't find anywhere else to put it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Just currious. If you have a site about Google and want to promote AdSense or AdWords, what do you use now? If you write a page on AdSense and someone registers for the account with Google, then you should get something, no??

Edit: "BeforeGoogle" .. nice nick.

<snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Jul 14th, 2009 at 06:44 PM. Reason: removed fake sig link
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by xjessie007
    Just currious. If you have a site about Google and want to promote AdSense or AdWords, what do you use now? If you write a page on AdSense and someone registers for the account with Google, then you should get something, no??

[/URL]
    Nope, you are just sharing knowledge at this point.

There are a bunch of "old sites" that based their income on this and used it. Now it does nothing for them.