1. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest

Unhappy Is Google Picking Your Adsense Pocket?

We have seen our CPC go through the roof since Google has introduced its new Adwords algo. Our Adwords CPC is now 3-5 times more costly than before. I think this is true for basically everyone.

The question I have: We also run Adsense. Adwords CPC is now more than double and sometime five times more costly. Does it not seem reasonable that Adsense publishers, if the percentage split remained the same, should be experiencing a major increase in revenue? We have not seen an increase in Adsense revenue... have you? Is Google pocketing the increased revenue way beyond the split that was in play just before the huge increase in Adwords CPC? Google... where is my money? Why aren't you sharing?

I bet Google is conspiring to keep an unfair amount of our Adsense money. Those who do not agree are anti-SEO.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think you will find that the new algo only affects search ads, and not content ads.

So, content ads (adsnese) can stay the same, they only have to increase their search ads from what I have seen on my account anyway.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

They probably got a clue from MSN/AdCenter. I started a small campaign on it about 5 weeks ago and stopped it after about 10 days. I had bids twice the Adword budget, they had half the AdWords bidders and yet the bids that were at twice the $'s of AdWords were not even showing in the top 3! In most cases no ads were showing in the top section just the RH column, which to mean could only mean that the algo was tweaked to push the bids up!

Good Old Basic Fraud!

raz
    #include <Cognac.h> -The only code I know How to Write!