1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Merchant Feed Not Registering in Analytics

Hey guys,

This may be a noobie question, but I recently set up a merchant feed with a 1000 products in Google and started a campaign within Adwords for this feed. In adwords, I'm showing about 20 clicks. However, nothing is showing up in analytics.

Under Acquisition > Campaigns, my shopping feed campaign is not listed, as if it has 0 clicks.

What is a "click"? My items are also sold by about 20 other sellers - I'm only charged when someone clicks on the "Shop" button next to our name correct?

Also, I'm familiar with the concept that people could bounce before hitting the site. So I went to one of our items in Google shopping, clicked through to our website, and still that click did not register anywhere.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Sounds like there is something wrong with the setup that connects your analytics to Adwords because with or without clicks your shopping feed should be listed as a campaign. 0 clicks is not a reason for a campaign not to show in analytics.

Google Adwords is one of those few Google services where it is relatively easy to get through to someone at Google who will help you out. Ask them where the error is.

In the first instance you can double check here:
    https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Doodled
    Sounds like there is something wrong with the setup that connects your analytics to Adwords because with or without clicks your shopping feed should be listed as a campaign. 0 clicks is not a reason for a campaign not to show in analytics.

Google Adwords is one of those few Google services where it is relatively easy to get through to someone at Google who will help you out. Ask them where the error is.

In the first instance you can double check here:
    https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en
    After some further digging, I discovered all of my shopping feed clicks are being thrown into the "Google Organic" category. It seems to be a common problem. Thanks for the response.