1. No Profile Picture

Google AdWords Keyword Tool weird results

I have a client that operates 8 different websites in the agriculture field, focused on Illinios. I ran all 8 URLs through the Google AdWords Keyword Tool to discover suggested keywords to optimize the sites for. All the suggested query terms seemed relevant for 7 of the sites.

But on their main website, the keyword suggestions are irrelevant to the content of the website. According to Google AdWords, they think the organization is selling birth control and bathtubs to Canadians.

I did on site search for "birth control" and "bathtubs" and "Canada" and got no results. So it does not seem to be a web content problem.

What could possibly be skewing the results in this bizarre manner?

My best guess right now is some disgruntled ex-employee put in some hidden text, but even that scenario seems far-fetched.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

It's kinda hard without looking at the url but to start with I'd look at the page source of the different pages and use the find feature to look for those phrases or keywords.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the feedback. Someone I work with replied to me that it is a Google indexing problem "trying to do blackhat SEO in linking" having something to do with Adobe update vulnerability enabling some pharma company to hack the website. Apparently, Google has not implemented the request to re-index the site, so AdWords was crawling it according to old data.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks for this feedback.