1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google AdWords -The Biggest Fraud of all-time ?

Hello

According to Google's income statement to investors (on the Google website), Google earned over $6 billion from advertising during 2005 ($6,065,003,000 to be precise), and has earned over $4.6 billion in the first two quarters of this year. My estimate is that over 95 percent of this comes from AdWords; other sources claim 98 percent. This means Google's AdWords counting technology was responsible for at least $5.7 billion last year.

I am interesting in hearing from anyone who has spent money with Google who may have complained and :-

Received a refund ?
    Received an admission that they were incorrectly charged ?
    Received no response whatsoever ?
    Did not receive a satisfactory reply ?

I am planning to launch the largest law suit possible against Google for what I believe is their fraudulent AdWords activities.

With the size of the revenues above there must be thousands of people /companies who cannot reconcile their clicks/results against what Google has charged them.

If you are using Google Adwords and happy then fine and you need not participate in this discussion.

For clarification I am not referring to click fraud.

My company is spending in excess of $20,000 a month with Google Adwords and on every occasion we have queried the statistics and charges we have received refunds.

I have emails from Google admitting they are having technical problems.

I believe that the entire Google Adwords premise is fraudulent.

I am able to prove it but of course I would not wish to prejudice my case by providing any further comments on a public medium.

If you believe that you have had similar experiences and wish to provide copies of communication between Google and yourself then please contact me.

Regards
    Jon
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by adwordscam
    Hello

According to Google's income statement to investors (on the Google website), Google earned over $6 billion from advertising during 2005 ($6,065,003,000 to be precise), and has earned over $4.6 billion in the first two quarters of this year. My estimate is that over 95 percent of this comes from AdWords; other sources claim 98 percent. This means Google's AdWords counting technology was responsible for at least $5.7 billion last year.

I am interesting in hearing from anyone who has spent money with Google who may have complained and :-

Received a refund ?
    Received an admission that they were incorrectly charged ?
    Received no response whatsoever ?
    Did not receive a satisfactory reply ?

I am planning to launch the largest law suit possible against Google for what I believe is their fraudulent AdWords activities.

With the size of the revenues above there must be thousands of people /companies who cannot reconcile their clicks/results against what Google has charged them.

If you are using Google Adwords and happy then fine and you need not participate in this discussion.

For clarification I am not referring to click fraud.

My company is spending in excess of $20,000 a month with Google Adwords and on every occasion we have queried the statistics and charges we have received refunds.

I have emails from Google admitting they are having technical problems.

I believe that the entire Google Adwords premise is fraudulent.

I am able to prove it but of course I would not wish to prejudice my case by providing any further comments on a public medium.

If you believe that you have had similar experiences and wish to provide copies of communication between Google and yourself then please contact me.

Regards
    Jon
    If it is succesful will you and your lawyers be getting the lion's share of the settlement and everyone else a couple of Adwords vouchers?
  5. No Profile Picture

I have been advertising with google for a while and i have been noticing strange things lately. I use link trackers now. My tracking system is not matching up with what googles clicks totals are showing. For example, my link tracker will show 3 clicks. Googles site will say that I have received 10. What makes this even more strange is that a certain ip address that I am being charged for is traced back as Googles ip. I know that they check our ads, but we shouldn't be charged for that. The ip address is 66.102.6.136
    As of now my link tracker is saying that 1 out 10 clicks that I receive is valid.

Something must be done. I don't have time to check ckicks all day and send in complaint after complaint.

Essgee
  7. No Profile Picture

From what I am seeing now, There is a big problem on Googles end. Out of 30 clicks received, my link tracker only shows 2 uniqe clicks. Everyone needs to be tracking their ads. I have sent many messages with no response. I'll give them a day or so before I jump to anymore conclusions.

P.S. People, please don't assume we are trash talking Google. Track your links to see what results you get. Even if we get our money back, this still hurts our business. Some of us will reach our daily limits and miss out on real businees because of invalid clicks.

Essgee
  9. No Profile Picture

have you checked and made sure your link tracking is actually correct?

does it monitor all users including bots also?

i have had mixed results with google but nothing that bad.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by adwordscam
    My company is spending in excess of $20,000 a month with Google Adwords
    Hi,

Why do you still advertise with them if you are not happy ?

Jean-Luc
    AWStats Support : add-on's, extra sections, forum, installation assistance + Professional AWStats Services
    200ok.eu Broken Link Checker finds 404 errors, error pages with 200 ok status, missing images, protocol errors, password protected pages, bad domain names, redirect loops, parking pages and more
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Would the add tracker be showing clicks from googles network and not counting them as clicks in from google?
  15. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by essgee
    Something must be done. I don't have time to check ckicks all day and send in complaint after complaint.

Essgee
    I'm a little disappointed with this response.

If you owned a real store where customer's could walk in would you say "I don't have the time to persue shoplifters and filing complaint after complaint."

If the service is "that bad" that something MUST BE DONE - QUIT! ...or spend the time to protect your interests.