Thread: Falling CTR

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Falling CTR

I've just been doing some digging on my adwords, and noticed there has been a slowing falling CTR since April, which is the same time I started working for my currant company. But at the same time, click, impressions, conversion, revenue has all gone up. Is this a trend other people have noticed that as their campigns improve, and get more impressions and clicks that CTR has gone down.

Are there any tips anyone has for improving CTR. I'm in the process or Auditing the entire Adwords account anyway, and improving keywords, bids, ads, extentions, on page content anyway, but is there any extra bits which would help improve CTR
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nice problem to have! Possibly a segment of your target audience (maybe not the ones that really matter tho?) are just getting used to the ads and developing a blindness to them. Have you been refreshing creative?
  5. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Are there any tips anyone has for improving CTR.
    No absolute rule here, to increase your CTR you will have to play around and do some A/B testing. The query that serves the ad, the ad title and ad description (for text ads) and the images (for display) have a huge impact on the propention of a user to click on your campaign.

Falling CTR since April, but at the same time, click, impressions, conversion, revenue has all gone up.
    There can be numerous factors that could end in such a result, If your major competitor on adwords stopped spending money in adverstisement on Adwords or just lowered it's budget, then you can serve more ads with the same amount of money so impressions would go up, and total number of clicks, conversions and sales would go up too.
    When you talk of an increase or decrease in Impressions, clicks, and conversions you should calculate it in a percentage increase or decrease not just the number as it would allow you to compare data and extract a trend.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Jun 8th, 2016 at 01:37 AM.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta