Thread: Expected CTR

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Expected CTR

Hello all,

I am researching ways to improve our Quality Score for our keywords.
    The Ad Relevancy is 'Above Average' and the Landing Page experience is 'Average', though we're still working on improving it.

However, the Expected CTR is 'Below Average'.

Annoyingly, I can't find a whole lot about it online.
    From what I understand, its a mix of historic CTR, competitors CTR for similar keywords and search terms that exactly match your keywords?

Do I have that right?
    And does anyone know of any ways to improve their Expected CTR?
    I really think it is the biggest obstacle we have to get a better Quality Score.

Thanks in advance!
  3. No Profile Picture

Put a Special Offer in Your Headline: Yup, you heard that right. Stop reserving your special promotions for line one or two of your descriptive text, and start displaying them right in your headlines.
    Highlight Your USP In Your Descriptions: Include features in your descriptions that separate you from the crowd, e.g. price, free shipping, money back guarantee, certain product features etc.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Whilst that is good advice, it doesn't actually answer my question about Expected CTR.
  7. No Profile Picture

Improving your Expected CTR is not as straightforward as it seems. However, suggestions below can surely help to improve your campaign performance. 1. There are various types of add extensions which you can use to make your add stand out from the rest. To name a few there are- callout extension, sitelinking extension, feature snippets, message extension, and review extension.2. Instead of having many keywords in a group, include lesser number of keywords in each adgroup. Doing so will make your advert appear relevant as the text in the ad will contain the keyword.3. Adding symbols and call to actions is also a proven way to increase the CTR. You can try that as well. 4. Experiment with your bidding so that your ad lands at the top slots of the page. Always keep an eye on you bid so that it doesn't increase exponentialy,