1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation Competing better with several accounts

I plan (with AdWords keyword planner) a campaign.

I see that CPC increases as I increase the number of ad shows (or rather that the number of shows increases as I increase CPC).

But it looks like that my planned say $5000/month cannot change the entire industry.

But if the industry is not changed by my campaign, then it follows that if I open second AdWords account and set it to a similar campaign, it will increase my shows twice while CPC remains the same. (The first campaign does not influence the second, as such a change would mean that my first campaign has changed the prices in the entire industry, what seems implausible for me.)

Something is wrong in my reasoning: If to pay less it is enough to create several accounts, it would be too easy trick.

What's wrong with my reasoning?
    Last edited by porton; Mar 15th, 2015 at 07:12 PM.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The problem with your theory is that it takes 4-6 weeks for Google to determine your quality score. That means if you spent $5000 on your current account setup up new accounts will not go as far as the first or you will have to spent twice as much or three times as much to produce the same return on your new accounts until Google has determined your account quality score.

Google does not care how much you are willing to spend per click it only cares about how much it can make off of you. With every new account you are driving down your value to Google so you defeat the purpose of why you think more accounts will be better. Only a single account out of all advertisers will have the best quality that means you are wasting revenue that you cannot afford to waste trying to game the system.

Comments on this post

• LiudmilaK agrees
  5. English & Russian SEO
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by fathom
    With every new account you are driving down your value to Google so you defeat the purpose of why you think more accounts will be better. Only a single account out of all advertisers will have the best quality that means you are wasting revenue that you cannot afford to waste trying to game the system.
    Agree. Apart from this, having several accounts may look as "Gaining an unfair advantage" which is a direct AdWords rules breach. And anyways you will be raising the CPC as you will be eventually competing to yourself in every auction where you bid for 1 keyword from 2 or more accounts.

This strategy could work if you aggressively need more traffic from a niche, but that's not really a budget-wise way to promote your products/services.