1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Anyone really make a living with Adsense?

I control about 250,000 hits per month (all natural se and returns !) right now so did some tests with adsense to estimate potential.

After allowing google to have 40,000 impressions I found an eCPM of $2.23. At that rate I would need to receive approx. 27 million impressions per year to create a 60k pay check?!? How do people make money with this program? Is premium adsense more profitable? Is there a better company to sell traffic too?
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Start working so that you will control 50,000,000 pageviews per year.

Comments on this post

• sufyaaan agrees : [QUOTE][QUOTE][QUOTE][QUOTE]:mrgreen: [/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    • 75c agrees : That's the ticket... :)
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Traffic means nothing with adwords, its all about what your sites about which gets you higher priced clicks. I don't make a living with it, well technically I do but I'm very poor and just $10 increase per day means alot to me I build my high traffic sites to get my other sites going which bring in the $

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Keep cranking... sounds like you know exactly what to do and have the momentum.
    • sufyaaan agrees : Do you think AdSense make sense? :wink:
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

fuzzlpop, do you think AdSense make sense? is it worth trying if your site or your network of sites is getting a lot of traffic?

Comments on this post

• fuzzlepop agrees : Depends on subject of site, if its a low paying site with adsense then its best putting all your advertising space that was for adsense on advertising one of your new sites that give you a better $ click.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Also you may tweak your content, the position of your adsense ads so you increase your click-ratio.
    Epureanu Bogdan On-line - my personal website
    Total IT Professional - my company website
    Midnight's angel - a website where i help people
  11. Croatia - Hrvatska
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

it pay bills

Comments on this post

• sufyaaan agrees : [QUOTE]:lol:[/QUOTE]
    • 75c agrees : Yep! and holidays :)
  13. Contriving Muser
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by sufyaaan
    is it worth trying if your site or your network of sites is getting a lot of traffic?
    It is. It most certainly is...

Why turn away cash?

MCS
    x

Comments on this post

• sufyaaan agrees : AdSense makes sense! :lol:
  15. SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by sufyaaan
    fuzzlpop, do you think AdSense make sense? is it worth trying if your site or your network of sites is getting a lot of traffic?
    Of course you need adsense on high traffic sites, but you make more money using high traffic sites to get traffic to the money making sites thats what I've experiments with anyway and works.
  17. aka: jadibones
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I worked for a small newspaper (one of those weekly arts and entertainment papers), and I had one ad unit pretty far down the right column of every page on the site You actually had to scroll down to find it. Ads could have been much beter placed to optimize clicks, but It averaged $6 per day. Im not sure how many page impressions per day we got, but there were about 500 unique visits per day.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by markanite
    I control about 250,000 hits per month (all natural se and returns !) right now so did some tests with adsense to estimate potential.
    Hits means nothing. It is the pageviews that are important.

Originally Posted by markanite
    After allowing google to have 40,000 impressions I found an eCPM of $2.23. At that rate I would need to receive approx. 27 million impressions per year to create a 60k pay check?!? How do people make money with this program? Is premium adsense more profitable? Is there a better company to sell traffic too?
    You can make much more than 60k with 27 million impressions if adsense is well optimized.
  21. No Profile Picture
    CSS/xHTML coder
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I`m trying to get the money I need for daily habits and bills ^_^ adn I sort of do get it. Still I have to go a loong way .

~ I think 40,000 impressions on a well optimized and high paying keyword page will give you more eCPM .

Comments on this post

• sufyaaan agrees : ^_^
    • fuzzlepop agrees : twill twill, cash cash, money money, dosh dosh, green green.
  23. No Profile Picture

Cool traffic = money

Originally Posted by iWonder
    I`m trying to get the money I need for daily habits and bills ^_^ adn I sort of do get it. Still I have to go a loong way .

~ I think 40,000 impressions on a well optimized and high paying keyword page will give you more eCPM .
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. I think if you have traffic, you have the ability to make significant money. What you need to do is optimize to higher paying key words and or build more pages with higher paying keywords imbedded in the content. Just looking through this forum tonight I found a page listing what the high paying keywords are:

http://www.toppayingkeywords.be/page2.htm

I don't know how accurate that list is, but it looks interesting to me.