1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ads got disapproved, Support nuwilling to help

I'm encountering a big problem. My listings are being disapproved for alleged "hacking or cracking" content, while my competitors who are selling products with similar features are all allowed to carry on as usual.

I was first alerted to this matter by my affiliates (selling our products) who were having their listings disapproved. When I pointed out to Google that I had been selling this product on Adwords for almost 2 years, using the same sales pages, they only responded by disapproving our own listings as well.

I even gave a link to their editors to personally download and test our product but they refused to do so and merely replied with similarly worded (template?) emails. when they refused to reply, I emailed them about their non-response to the 1st case, but did not get anything in response either.

Case #144566729
    Case #150368707

As someone who used to spend 5-digits a month in my peak, I am very sad at this turn of events, and only hope that this is due to the non-response of the particular support person assigned to my case. I am doing another follow-up. Wonder if I'll get a response th this... (Case #152394746). In the meantime, I am looking for a phone number with which to call them....
    Last edited by JamesP; May 28th, 2007 at 06:41 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

They think that there is a problem with your product or the website where customers are sent. Ask yourself if a problem exists. Do you understand it completely?

I doubt that Google would kick you out without a good reason... they think that your product or your website is less than 100% wonderful.

It doesn't matter what your competitors are doing or if you have already been selling it for two years. They don't want your product in their ads.

Is there some possible spyware or other problem within the product or on the site where potential customers are sent? Maybe you have been hacked?
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  5. No Profile Picture

Thats the problem. We asked them to tell us what exactly on the page was the problem. But in all 3 separate we got the exact "google does not allow hacking or cracking" reply, in some places almost word for word.

Even the sales pages are all hosted in our own servers, (plus our own listings got disapproved.... so we know for sure it is not something our affiliate is doing behind our back. )And again, the support person just refuses to tell us what is wrong, except that it is wrong.....

Or if the problem was with the product itself, to test out the prodduct and tell us how it would be considered hacking. The product being promoted is our own inhouse developed software, so we know that there are no adware/spyware attached.

If google wants to kick our ads, at least give us some reason so we know whats wrong.... They're not exactly being very helpful here.
  7. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I understand that they are not being helpful. But without that you must check to be sure that everything is clean on your site.

Is it possible that someone from the inside or outside got access to your server and modified one of the pages of your website to attach a file to it? A friend of mine had a website that was hacked and it attempted to downloaded an objectionable file to any computer that made a browser connection. We easily found the page by looking at file modification dates and notified the host.

You might also check the website by using McAfee site advisor...
    http://www.seomoz.org/posts/ugc_compose/1566
  9. Chennai
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

try and find some one in live chat support and explain your problem.
    SEO is not SPAM Matt Cutts
  11. Garuda

Yep, live support can help you, but usually they have ready made answers.

Try again contacting Adwords support by emailing them. I had placed a request recently for altogether different reason, i got help from a person who was entrusted to help our Adwords account. The support person was very helpful enough to solve the issue.......here in your case atleast you can get a reply of "whats wrong."

Have you recently made any changes your website or product. Is there any link from your sites to adware/spyware sites.............

Originally Posted by ezhilraja
    try and find some one in live chat support and explain your problem.
  13. No Profile Picture

Maybe someone complained (suggestion about ads) about your ads (possibly you competitors) . if you think this is the case use what they always say
    Tit for Tat
    do Tat from some other computer (public computer) your competitors won't be there no more.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by JamesP
    I'm encountering a big problem. My listings are being disapproved for alleged "hacking or cracking" content, while my competitors who are selling products with similar features are all allowed to carry on as usual.

I was first alerted to this matter by my affiliates (selling our products) who were having their listings disapproved. When I pointed out to Google that I had been selling this product on Adwords for almost 2 years, using the same sales pages, they only responded by disapproving our own listings as well.

I even gave a link to their editors to personally download and test our product but they refused to do so and merely replied with similarly worded (template?) emails. when they refused to reply, I emailed them about their non-response to the 1st case, but did not get anything in response either.

Case #144566729
    Case #150368707

As someone who used to spend 5-digits a month in my peak, I am very sad at this turn of events, and only hope that this is due to the non-response of the particular support person assigned to my case. I am doing another follow-up. Wonder if I'll get a response th this... (Case #152394746). In the meantime, I am looking for a phone number with which to call them....
    1-866-2Google

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo