Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

seostews Tips

Sorry Seostew but I don't agree with you on some of your points!

Namely
    1.) Use the core/parent adgroup keyword three times in the ad text and display URL.

Don't you mean use the keyword or phrase in Title, description or ad body and display URL. It would also help if the keyword or phrase was in the destination URL.

2.) Bid on all three match types for every keyword/keyphrase: broad, phrase, and exact.
    (This will get you more clicks for your money).

It is not very wise to bid on broad terms as this will most certainly increase your traffic but it will not be targeted traffic.

For targeted traffic it is better to use exact and negative for keywords or phrases in my opinion.

3.) Bid higher on terms that have been converting well.

Why bid higher on terms that convert well? If they convert well you should leave alone. Only when you stop converting well should you consider a few things:

1. Has the keyword or phrase been inactivated or
    2. has your ad position dropped or
    3. has someone else got above you by outbidding you.

Then and only then would I recommend bidding higher.

Also as far as I am aware big G has now stopped bidding wars and is using different criteria for charging more per keyword or phrase. e.g. Quality Score Rating for one, if this is low then big G will make you pay more!

Criteria being namely Quality Score, Keyword effectiveness and relevancy of the Title, ad Body, destination URL and also displayed URL. As well as CTR ( Click Through Rate) and any other variable they feel like throwing in now and then.

8.) Make ad display URLs more relevant by adding a slash /keyword. Example Keyword: Red Shoes. www.companyname/redshoes.

To do this big G will check to see if your display url goes to a site that is actually relevant and not just a display URL that goes nowhere.

So if you do do that then make sure that you have a page that is actually relevant to not only your display URL but to the whole ad. i.e. Title, ad body, display URL and destination URL.

29.) Keep ads running even when high on organic search for specific keywords. Having an organic listing and an ad has a 1 + 1 = 3 reinforcing each other and increasing the likelihood at least one will be clicked.

If you are on page 1 organically and in the top 3 for any length of time then I would personally not pay to be on the same page. I would use pause that campaign and use the money elsewhere.

The rest of the info I certainly agree with.

Regards,

Paule
  3. E-Marketing Expert
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I do agree

Good points to be detected, but it's not neccessary that you have the some experience with the techniques the SEO stew having, it might be different at some levels.
    Thansk & Best Regards,
    Muhammad Mudddabir Aziz
  5. No Profile Picture

Is LowerYourBidPriceís Winner Alert on the adwords site somewhere else? I don't see that as an option anywhere.

Have you guys tried out the Position preference setting? If so, is it a good idea? What position is best?

You say to clean out keywords with 0 impressions. Does it also help to delete keywords with low ctr rates? Will that help the overall adgroup? Will that keyword's whole history of low ctr be deleted?

If you have one keyword in an adgroup that is getting way more clicks than all of the other keywords, would it make sense to put it in its own adgroup?

How do you "Cross channel all other ppc platforms from adwords interface?"

You say to "study raw query strings which trigger your ads and eliminating non-relevant terms." but you don't tell us which extra software we have to buy to do this, or in general how it is done.

Should I delete keywords that I'm bidding on that I'm ranked 47th for? What is the cutoff #? Are these keywords hurting my adgroup by being in there?

Do you know of any way to implement conversion tracking if you don't have a newsletter and you are selling affiliate products where the person clicks your link and goes to the merchant and buys through them?

If I test out a few ads in a new adgroup for a week and they get very low ctr, and I delete them, do I have to delete the whole adgroup and start over or will deleting the ads delete the whole bad ctr history?

What is the best method of coming up with tons of keywords?
  7. No Profile Picture

SEO vs PPC Conversion Tracking

So how can I track a conversion (in this case, a form submission) with GA? How can I differentiate between a form submitted via organic search and arriving on the site to one coming from a Google PPC source? I can't setup a separate landing page, but one of our competitors is doing it. Can you help?
  9. E-Marketing Expert
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

BY creating seperate landing pages

have a close look at your competitor metga tags of those pages they mite look same but thre will be some difference between them.
  11. No Profile Picture

2.) Bid on all three match types for every keyword/keyphrase: broad, phrase, and exact.

Should the Bids on all Match types be the same or whats the criteria for setting up bids for different match types of the same keyword
  13. Black Panther

Originally Posted by KapilKhaneja

[/B]Should the Bids on all Match types be the same or whats the criteria for setting up bids for different match types of the same keyword
    In theory you should pay less for exact match than broad however not always the case, it depends how competitive the keyword is. It is very much down to testing, set them all at the same bid to start with at a bid you can afford and then go from there. After 24 hours evaluate the positions and see if you need to increase/lower CPC.
    Last edited by s1974lee; Sep 6th, 2008 at 09:53 AM.
  15. No Profile Picture

Geo vs. National Campaign Help Please

SeoStew, you sound pretty knowledgeable, I hope you have the time to help me with this problem ..

I am running a world-wide ppc campaign for the first time and this is my problem, I really hope someone can help.

I am running a national and continental campaign of general bland keywords like
    "Widgets for sale". This campaign is further broken down into different adgroups for optimization purposes

NOW, I want to go GEO on the individual states/provinces. Obviously I want to target market specific keywords in my national campaign i.e. "blue widgets in Miami Florida" to attract clickers in other states seeking that product.

Then I want to target the GENERAL keywords i.e. "Widgets for sale" in specific Geo regions like Atlanta Georgia. The problem is this.

When I target GENERAL keywords in my Geo Campaigns it cancels out the keywords in my National campaign limiting my ad exposure to the best performing ads between both campaigns.

Sorry for writing so much .. Aubrey
  17. No Profile Picture

[QUOTE=KapilKhaneja][B]2.) Bid on all three match types for every keyword/keyphrase: broad, phrase, and exact.

Doing this means your keywords are competing with eachother.

By all means do it when you 1st create your Adgroup/Campaign but you should start deleting 'Money wasters' say 1 month after campaign activation. Trial and Error basically
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Jeff88
    You say to clean out keywords with 0 impressions. Does it also help to delete keywords with low ctr rates? Will that help the overall adgroup? Will that keyword's whole history of low ctr be deleted?
    The higher your CTR the lower your CPC becomes. Google wants high performance, totally relevant and converting ads, so they'll reward you for a higher click rate.

If you have one keyword in an adgroup that is getting way more clicks than all of the other keywords, would it make sense to put it in its own adgroup?
    No, but you shouldnt be running more than 3-10 keywords in any given ad group anyway (depending on what type of matching you've got going, of course).

Should I delete keywords that I'm bidding on that I'm ranked 47th for? What is the cutoff #? Are these keywords hurting my adgroup by being in there?
    See 1st answer above

If I test out a few ads in a new adgroup for a week and they get very low ctr, and I delete them, do I have to delete the whole adgroup and start over or will deleting the ads delete the whole bad ctr history?
    Deleting the entire adgroup is an option only if the entire group did so poorly that it warrants it. If you use the same keywords in a new adgroup you'll inherit the original stats for those keywords. This only changes when you start geo targeting.

What is the best method of coming up with tons of keywords?
    Use the keyword tool found at the ad group level. Use the tool and open up all the view features such as estimated position for cost settings, history graphs, competition strength and so on. Use single keywords, url or categories to create lists that you can research.
  21. Contributing User

Originally Posted by AdwordsAddict
    So how can I track a conversion (in this case, a form submission) with GA? How can I differentiate between a form submitted via organic search and arriving on the site to one coming from a Google PPC source? I can't setup a separate landing page, but one of our competitors is doing it. Can you help?
    Set up your analytics and add the snippets to all of your pages. Go into analytics and set up your goals. In the goals page you'll be able to insert your target URL(s) such as a forms page, email inquiry or a checkout page as examples.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

I wouldnít take all of this as gospel -but in general itís an incredible list of tips. Thanks!

1. Repeating the key phrase 3 times in the ad sounds good. In practice however it makes much more sense to simply test different ad texts and see which people respond best to. For different keywords that might mean completely different ads Ė some that donít mention they key phrase once.

2. How the devil can you use broad match phrases to isolate visitors that convert?

17. I donít see why. It tidies the campaign but isnít actually a useful tactic. For instance if a keyword isnít receiving impression itís not affecting my CPC Ė and could be useful should someone finally visit through it.

23. If this is true itís amazing.

Peetr
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page: