1. E-Marketing Expert
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I am done with Conversion Tracking Code

I have placed it rite, it is working when checked i am getting at CTR of 2.75% getting sales but still the detailed conversion is not being tracked like i cant see the statics for Conversions.
    I am working for wirelessgalaxy.com
    and have planned to run PPC campaign for blackberryaccessories.com my new campaign
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Great post. I have a question related to point #30.

Are you saying to paste the Google AdWords conversion tracking code at least 2 times on each page, or are you saying to use at least 2 different analytics programs that track conversions? (Or have I missed your point completely)? Thanks.

"30.) Set up at least two conversion codes. This is a no brainier and belongs on a beginner’s list. If you don’t do this, you are flying blind or basing results on the “gut feeling” email leads and incoming calls are coming from ads and web presence."
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by cmicon

Are you saying to paste the Google AdWords conversion tracking code at least 2 times on each page, or are you saying to use at least 2 different analytics programs that track conversions? (Or have I missed your point completely)? Thanks.

"30.) Set up at least two conversion codes. This is a no brainier and belongs on a beginner’s list. If you don’t do this, you are flying blind or basing results on the “gut feeling” email leads and incoming calls are coming from ads and web presence."
    Establish at least two conversion types in AdWords. This will require more than one conversion code, each placed in different areas.

**C&P from AdWords**

- Purchase/Sale
    Helps online commerce sites track purchases and sales to determine return on investment (ROI). Page that says:
    "Thank you for your purchase."
    -Lead
    Appropriate for sales organizations tracking how many users requested follow-up calls for more information.
    Page that says: "Thank you for contacting us."
    -Signup
    Designed for sites interested in tracking sign-up statistics for subscriptions or newsletters. Page that says:
    "Your subscription has been processed."
    -Views of a key page
    Helps sites track how many times users have landed on a single page that's important to your business. Key page on your website.
    -Other

You can set up as many as you want, to get the specific breakdowns of how many conversions occurred for each type , run a Keyword Report, "add colums" and check box each conversion type to show in your excel report.

I do also recommend setting up Goals in Google Analytics as well, verses just using conversion tracking in AdWords.
  7. E-Marketing Expert

You Got it i missed yours:)

What do you mean by placing two conversion tracking codes?
  9. E-Marketing Expert

I Got your point

First of all thanks a lot actually this time the code is being taken and pasted by our developer before this i did Adwords campaign for
    leatherbull.com
    ascgroup.com
    and few more as i did for clients most of the time so they are not interested in getting conversion statics still i would like to ask that how important it is to get conversion statics in conversion columns like conversion rate, cost/conversion etc
    I have got some good result past for my Adwords campaign but as i wanted to switch it to professional level i need your assistance.
    your post one of the greatest i ever seen.
    Need your suggestion for running camping for blackberryaccessories.com. daily budget etc as owner of the site leave it up to me this time.
    Last edited by Muddabir; Aug 1st, 2007 at 09:19 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by cmicon

Thanks man.
  13. E-Marketing Expert

Tracking URL's for Conversion Tracking

We gets two types of results the ORganic result and inorganic result while searching in seach engine
    now as we need to set up Cross channel Conversion Tracking will we utilize
    wirelessgalaxy.com/bluetooth?id=g
    For Google
    wirelessgalaxy.com/bluetooth?id=y
    For Yahoo
    wirelessgalaxy.com/bluetooth?id=m
    For MSN
    Will we do this or we will just use the link at which people are comming through their organic search results?
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Muddabir
    First of all thanks a lot actually this time the code is being taken and pasted by our developer before this i did Adwords campaign for
    leatherbull.com
    ascgroup.com
    and few more as i did for clients most of the time so they are not interested in getting conversion statics still i would like to ask that how important it is to get conversion statics in conversion columns like conversion rate, cost/conversion etc
    I have got some good result past for my Adwords campaign but as i wanted to switch it to professional level i need your assistance.
    your post one of the greatest i ever seen.
    Need your suggestion for running camping for blackberryaccessories.com. daily budget etc as owner of the site leave it up to me this time.
    I have no advice on Blackberries, but if you don't run conversion stats, you are only practicing ppc masturbation.
    Last edited by seostew; Aug 4th, 2007 at 10:14 PM.
  17. E-Marketing Expert

Hey

miva
    nextag
    shopping.com
    bivertiser
    search feed
    goclick
    7search
    Sir Which of them are in Google Search Network?
    Or
    how can I get the list of Google content network or search network this will be my first time that I am setting up site targeting campaign for a pharma company.
    Sir could you please reply as soon as possible
    Regards
    Muhammad Mudabir Aziz
  19. Contributing User

miva
    nextag
    shopping.com
    bivertiser
    search feed
    goclick
    7search
    Sir Which of them are in Google Search Network?
    Or
    how can I get the list of Google content network or search network this will be my first time that I am setting up site targeting campaign for a pharma company.
    Sir could you please reply as soon as possible
    Regards
    Muhammad Mudabir Aziz
    Here is the list of Google's Search Network & some of Google's Content Network players. Of course any site with Google Adsense is a part of the Content Network.
  21. No Profile Picture

23.) If working with a larger budget, and you plan on constantly improving your ads, bid high to be #1 long enough to allow quality score to continually decrease your cpc.

Thanks for the excellent post !

Do you know how long to bid high to be number 1 to get continually decrease on my CPC? I did ask the google helper will I get a discount or cpc decrease if I spent more on my google Adword accout. I got a negative answer.
  23. E-Marketing Expert

Sir I also have a list of Google Search network want to share

Google's Search Network Partners:
    AOL.com
    Netscape.com
    Earthlink.com
    Lycos.com
    Shopping.com (via About)
    ATT.com
    Ask.com
    TechTarget.com
    ComCast.net
    CNET Search.com
    MyWebSearch.com
    information.com
    myway.com
    bellsouth.net
    dogpile.com
    adelphia.net
    & here are some of the questionable "search" sites:
    About.com
    CompuServe.com
    nytimes.com
    howstuffworks.com
    business.com
    oingo.com
    Tripadvisor.com
    sedoparking.com (I think this is a "domain parking" partner, so not sure if it falls under search or content but I'll have more on that later.
    Wishing you the very best of everything now do you have any info about payment method through CPA?
    This is something new for me but my client wants to pay through this methods
  25. E-Marketing Expert

Few concerns

(A)Sir could you please describe a bit about Pay-per-action campaign?
    Google announced the Pay-Per-Action beta in March this year. Pay-Per-Action (also known as CPA) is classic affiliate marketing and nothing new. As so much other things was the Google PPA program seen as the affiliate-marketing killer.
    I cant see any button to move on for PPA campaign.?
    (B)A user clicks your AdWords ad, googleadservices.com server places a temporary cookie on the user's computer or mobile device, If the user reaches one of our designated conversion confirmation request pages, his or her computer or mobile device passes back the cookie and requests that our server send the conversion tracking text. If cookies are rejected for any reason, the conversions made from that user won't get recorded. Conversion tracking is also not supported if the mobile phone user disables images.
    here how will we be able to get conversion stats then even if customer bought our product, it's looks like an issue when we think about getting paid through CPA?
    Isnt it?
  27. E-Marketing Expert

Unhappy Few Concerns Of Mine

(A)Sir could you please describe a bit about Pay-Per-Action campaign?
    Google announced the Pay-Per-Action beta in March this year. Pay-Per-Action (also known as CPA) is classic affiliate marketing and nothing new. As so much other things was the Google PPA program seen as the affiliate-marketing killer.
    (B)A user clicks your AdWords ad, googleadservices.com server places a temporary cookie on the user's computer or mobile device, If the user reaches one of our designated conversion confirmation request pages, his or her computer or mobile device passes back the cookie and requests that our server send the conversion tracking text. If cookies are rejected for any reason, the conversions made from that user won't get recorded. Conversion tracking is also not supported if the mobile phone user disables images.
    here how will we be able to get conversion stats then even if customer bought our product, it's looks like an issue when we think about getting paid through CPA?
    Isnt it?
    Could you please reply to this post as soon as possible if anyone else knows a bit about it please please please help me, I need money for my dad treatment.
    As soonas I will launch this PPC project i will get through CPA method.
  29. Contributing User

(A)Sir could you please describe a bit about Pay-Per-Action campaign?
    Isnt it?
    Could you please reply to this post as soon as possible if anyone else knows a bit about it please please please help me, I need money for my dad treatment.
    As soonas I will launch this PPC project i will get through CPA method.
    I'm sorry I can not help you. I am not an expert on AdSense. Check AdSense forums. That does seem like an issue if the publisher won't get paid if cookies are rejected.