1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Adsense Application Rejected - Don't know why

I setup a google adsense account, pasted the ad code onto my website,
    then waited for the final review phase.

I got rejected and can't understand why.. reason given was insufficient content.

My site is listed by Google / not blacklisted.

Can anyone help me ? Can send the link via PM on request.

Many Thanks
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I would start by noting how much content do you have?
  5. No Profile Picture

There isn't much original content on the site, but that isn't the point of the site.

It has been linked to / recommended several times by others.

It does get a bit of traffic and most people who access it use it as designed ; add their ingredients and view recipes.

I could add extra meaningless text that was irrelevant and just plain annoying for users but I really don't want to do that.

Here is the link :

recipesuggester.co.uk
    Last edited by tim235235; Mar 30th, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Its a "recipe" site. Almost all recipe sites get rejected as they have nothing new to offer the web --> no adsense
    Also, I see no content on your site - every link I follwed went to another site --> no adsense
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Tim-

First: Cool site, seriously. Second: Add some content, even if it kills you.

I liked the concept but took off after about 12 seconds because the site simply wasn't engaging enough. If I were an advertiser I wouldn't advertise on that site because it doesn't have substance. Give Google some substance and they'll grant you AdSense I guarantee it.

Write some articles, review some products, add social media, add who/what/when/where/why content, etc, and beef that site up.

Report back ;)

- KG
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi,

I was thinking maybe I might cook a few things using recipes I found with the site and add a blog entry about it with some pictures, is this a good idea ?

There is already blog for the site, if you scroll to the bottom of the landing page you can see the link.

I haven't done anything to the site for a while now, but the traffic has remained pretty steady / slightly upward over the last few months, I estimate at about 15-30 unique visitors / day from the logs.

I pay about 8 / month for the site to be hosted. Do you think a target of getting enough revenue for the site to pay for itself every month too ambitious ?

Thanks for all the input positive & negative, it's all interesting and useful !
  13. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by tim235235
    the traffic has remained pretty steady / slightly upward over the last few months
    Nice! Glad to hear that

Originally Posted by tim235235
    I was thinking maybe I might cook a few things using recipes I found with the site and add a blog entry about it with some pictures, is this a good idea?
    I think that's an interesting idea! Maybe at the end of the post you could add some "related recipes" too, to encourage people to explore the database if they find the blog first. If the content is related to cooking, and especially if it enhances or directly interacts with the recipe database, that sounds like a win to me!
  15. No Profile Picture

I have added quite a few more posts to the blog section and made it look a lot nicer.

Do you think there is enough original content now for google to grant me an advert, and if so would it have to be on theblog page? I plan to regularly add more posts to the blog e.g we are rennovating the garden I thought I might blog about that even though its not specifically related to the site.