Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Need an expert opinion on why people are not posting to my page

Hi,
    My page is at facebook.com/askacomputerquestion - I have got about 225 followers since the start of last week when I set it up.

I assume that my target market is everyone in my country (Ireland) - seeing as everyone is using computers to access facebook. Is this correct to assume and advertise using ppc at such a large market? The reason I am targeting my country specifically is because I hope I can convert some people to paying customers via remote support.

I am very sure that everyone must have some issue (seeing as computers can be such a pain) with their computers but nobody is asking anything? I put a post up yesterday looking for feedback on what content people would be interested in but I got just one reply and that is from a friend who has an interest in computers - not a joe soap. I am targeting these joe soaps seeing as they are the majority. Alot of what I am saying above is not backed by facts though.

I think I've spent about 60 or 70 euro on advertising so far. I find that people tend to leave their computers until they are nearly impossible to use before taking it to somebody. I need to tap into that part of peopls psyche I suppose - how can I figure out more information about my fans/likers through statistics etc.?
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hey Sean, Facebook interactions take months to build up... Months of advertising and continuous effort. Facebook limits the visibility of brand pages in users' stream so unless you "promote / boost" your page update, there's almost no chance your fans will even see it.

Besides boosting posts, I also use these two tricks to get more people in:

- I always re-share the update from the business page to the personal profile for more visibility
    - I always interact with my fans as a page: Like and reply to them as a business page. Facebook algorithm relies heavily on interactions: You won't see updates from your own friends if you never interacted with them previously. Same for pages (only worse lol because page updates are artificially tanked).

Comments on this post

• Ronit Mathur agrees
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks Ann. I didn't think about reading my followers posts etc.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi again,
    Is it possible for me to like other peoples profiles as my business account?
  9. My views are my own ;)

Originally Posted by seanwoods
    Hi again,
    Is it possible for me to like other peoples profiles as my business account?
    As a page you'll have to wait until they talk to you. That's why I usually start with "boosting" my page posts to drive people in
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    Hey Sean, Facebook interactions take months to build up... Months of advertising and continuous effort. Facebook limits the visibility of brand pages in users' stream so unless you "promote / boost" your page update, there's almost no chance your fans will even see it.

Besides boosting posts, I also use these two tricks to get more people in:

- I always re-share the update from the business page to the personal profile for more visibility
    - I always interact with my fans as a page: Like and reply to them as a business page. Facebook algorithm relies heavily on interactions: You won't see updates from your own friends if you never interacted with them previously. Same for pages (only worse lol because page updates are artificially tanked).
    Ann, thanks for sharing..! that is really useful to me. Actually, I have over 2k fan on my facebook but when I post my own post. I just got around 60 to 100 reached fan. Anyway, I have tried to boost my post but I think that spend much money. Also, update my page 4 time a day but it is not going to be better. Anyway, did you have more detail tips about this.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by basicblogtalk
    Ann, thanks for sharing..! that is really useful to me. Actually, I have over 2k fan on my facebook but when I post my own post. I just got around 60 to 100 reached fan. Anyway, I have tried to boost my post but I think that spend much money. Also, update my page 4 time a day but it is not going to be better. Anyway, did you have more detail tips about this.
    Hi there,
    From my experience so far, I can tell you that it's not actually about how many likes you have but engagement. With facebooks newsfeed it gives users what it thinks is relevant content only.

If someone has liked your post on commented on it then it is likely that your next new post will appear in their feed. So, to sum it up it seems to be all about engagement!
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    As a page you'll have to wait until they talk to you. That's why I usually start with "boosting" my page posts to drive people in
    Ok, I've just added a new comment to my most successful post to further interest those people in what I do. Fingers crossed x
  17. No Profile Picture

Hi there,
    From my experience so far, I can tell you that it's not actually about how many likes you have but engagement. With facebooks newsfeed it gives users what it thinks is relevant content only.

If someone has liked your post on commented on it then it is likely that your next new post will appear in their feed. So, to sum it up it seems to be all about engagement!
    Yes, that is really true..! I am agree that. However, we could buy only like and not the engagement. So, what should I do with that? do you any more idea to this better..?
  19. No Profile Picture

Yes, that is really true..! I am agree that. However, we could buy only like and not the engagement. So, what should I do with that? do you any more idea to this better..?
    I suppose if they engage with your boosted post you should be giving them a good reason to like your page! Promoting your whole page is a good idea. What is your fb page?
  21. No Profile Picture

I suppose if they engage with your boosted post you should be giving them a good reason to like your page! Promoting your whole page is a good idea. What is your fb page?
    thanks for advice, here my fan page is www.facebook.com/basicblogtalk
  23. No Profile Picture

thanks for advice, here my fan page is www.facebook.com/basicblogtalk
    Thanks, I just liked your page :-)
  25. No Profile Picture

you need to post on your page at right time .. try to post at the time when ur most fans are online .. they will respond u too .
  27. No Profile Picture

Please think about your keyword.What you want from here? Are u posting regularly? How is your Follower?

Please post regularly for get response from your followers.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Facebook has nailed down the lid on their pages. The only way to make your posts visible is to pay. I used to have excellent viewing stats and interaction and then they change their algorithm and without paying you can never get back your reach with a page. You get even less reach if you post links to your own site.

One thing I would advise is that you consider using a group. Its far more interactive. But obviously not read by search engines.

Comments on this post

• GabrielG agrees : groups are good!
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: