1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Facebook Page With 1 Like Vs Facebook Page with 11,000 likes

If I wanted to run an ad campaign on Facebook, with a small weekly budget, and the intention is to drive traffic to a page on my website which Page would be best to use.

Page 1 - Only 1 like on the page. But 50 per month to spend on promoting my Page post which is a link to the landing page on my website.

Page 2 - 11,000 likes on The Page. 50 per month to spend on promoting my Page post which is a link to the landing page on my website.

Which page will give most traffic to my landing page ?? I hope people understand the question I'm asking. Basically its 2 pages with the same budget. But 1 page has only 1 like and the other page has 11,000 likes. Will either page perform better given that I am paying for traffic / clicks / engagement with my website.
    Last edited by Glenn Kilpatric; Oct 22nd, 2015 at 05:33 PM.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

No one can give you an answer. "Likes" are a historical value so both pages could be valued at zero traffic today.
  5. Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fathom
    No one can give you an answer. "Likes" are a historical value so both pages could be valued at zero traffic today.
    I would argue the 11,000 page. Purely from the basis that if a page has that number of likes it is perceived by a user to be of a higher quality because 11,000 people have interacted with the page beforehand.
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think thats probably the best one and for the reason you have stated. Isn't it sad that having built up a page with 11,000 likes Facebook have now restricted your access to those people and that a page with 1 like is just as useful.
  9. My views are my own ;)

If those are real 11,000 likes (I mean those that are not bought through Fiverr and the like), then I'd definitely go with that page
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes they are real. The page is very old and all came tot he page naturally. But since this arrival of boosting posts for cash, the actual reach of the page shrunk to a very small amount unless you pay.

There was a time i could post a photograph on that page and it would get many hundreds of likes, maybe even thousands. Now Im lucky to get 100. If I post a link I get no reach at all.

I feel robbed of years of hard work building that page up with daiily posts and replies, and now they took away the audience I built with my own hard work.
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I was thinking the same myself, not that I have been doing facebook advertising for long but I realise its very hard to get any traction without paying for it, I also noticed that facebook make groups private when they get so many members, so anyone sharing a post in a group will only be seen by people in the group.

I think Facebook have been very clever to reduce your success rate without having to pay them, Im sure they will make it even harder in the future, gone are the days of getting loads of free trafic from social media.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Marketing and SEO are both based on probabilities. Basically, if you are doing correct things frequently and in big volumes, you will have more chance of getting needed results. Here, I am willing to argue that every publicity is a good publicity. For example, you can bet your money that 1 visitor will not do anything for you. On the other hand, if 11 000 visitors come to your fb page (even if you have bad rep within the niche) one of them will make a mistake of purchasing your product. It is like with bad movies. Some of them are so horrible that they will attain cult following and at least some minor profit.
  17. No Profile Picture

So... is it worth at all to pay for FB advertising, then?

I only use my followers to ensure better results for advertising. I know Facebook won't show anything I publish to a relevant % of those unless I pay for it. The thing is precisely that the CTR and conversion rates are or would be better.

You can even mark the checking to show the ad to external people.