1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Facebook Advertising For Pages ??

Has anyone any experience of paying to advertise on Facebook. Any stories you can tell me ? best options ? Is it Value for money etc etc etc

Would you pay for Page likes ?, pay for clicks, pay for post exposure etc ?

How much would you pay ?
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  3. My views are my own ;)

Facebook ads are cheap but I have never been too successful with making them deliver results. I am sure I am missing something with targeting options
    I get likes but no engagement
    With Facebook promoted ads I get lots of spam comments... that's about all obvious results I am seeing!

Facebooks ads might work for contests and giveaway or other types of timely entertaining content, I suppose!

Comments on this post

• Es Guide agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I work occasionally for a company doing FB advertising for the legal industry (using social.com, formally Buy Buddy).

I personally would only ever do it where the value of the item (service or whatever) is high because you do get a lot of very 'strange' clicks, bots, people who are bored and want to cost you money, people wanting to sell you their service so clicking your ads to find out who you are, ... so you need to be making a good 'profit' on your driven traffic (likes or whatever) to make it worthwhile.
    ROI is the key - you should know how much you can spend and it be worthwhile (however you judge this) - but I personally couldn't give two hoots about likes unless there is likely engagement also (so there are a LOT of industries this should work for well).

As for the targetting. This is indeed paramount, not necessarily in trying to be too clever in selecting interests etc but more to do with ensuring you have the right size of audience for your budget. Since you will get a lot of 'lost' clicks (as mentioned above) if you have too large an audience for your budget then your budget is spent on lost clicks long before your 'likely' customers will have finally seen you advert let alone chosen to click on it and interact with you.

As for whether to go CPC or CPM - although I am sure there will be cases I have yet so any case where you would get better ROI from CPM over CPC.
    Last edited by Kevin H; Dec 3rd, 2013 at 10:09 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Smile

Originally Posted by Glenn Kilpatric
    Has anyone any experience of paying to advertise on Facebook. Any stories you can tell me ? best options ? Is it Value for money etc etc etc

Would you pay for Page likes ?, pay for clicks, pay for post exposure etc ?

How much would you pay ?
    Glenn, I have been using Facebook Ads for clients and for myself. First of all create a Facebook page, optimize it and add a lead capture on your page (link it to aweber or some lead capture).
    Place an ad and select this tab or landing page for your ad.

What this does it
    1) gets you approved faster
    2) CPC is very low
    3) you get both likes and leads

If you dont know how to add the tab, just place an ad and ask for likes. Use image ads with faces they work better.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I agree with Kevin, never seem to get a whole lot of engagement out of the ads. Great that you can get some likes out of it but that doesn't do much. Seems much like Google ads people are numb to them.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I have done some advertising of my Facebook page; they have 2 options - CPC (Cost per Click) and CPM (Cost per Mille).
    Honestly it might get you some significant clicks, but the number of likes and impressions on your page, are less significant.
    You could do a trial run for 7 days or so and see if it works for your page.
    When you are working so hard on running your page, might as well try this too!
    Good luck!
  13. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I've gotten likes at a decent cost per like ... and the page messaging can lead to decent quality leads... but you need to have a large budget for testing (I'd say $2000 min per campaign, just to start n hope to break even). Also, if you do advertise a lead capture, measure the results at the end of the day because I've bought leads from FB and they didn't buy as I recall = lots of time and money wasted.
  15. No Profile Picture

I wanted to experiment with Facebook ads and their results. I bought a simple three days campaign for one of my page and kept the budget very low ($5 to $15). Amazingly my page received almost 300 page likes in three days. That was satisfying as I did not expect these many quick likes.

Key here is - I am not sure if all likes have come from real users or they are from fake accounts. What is your take on this?
  17. My views are my own ;)

Originally Posted by jack7582
    Key here is - I am not sure if all likes have come from real users or they are from fake accounts. What is your take on this?
    There are some % of spammy users, I suppose. But as the page owner, you can also review "People who recently liked it" and spam is always quite easy to spot (logos or overused baby photos as avatars can be obvious red flags, for example)

Comments on this post

• GabrielG agrees
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  19. Contributing User

BBC News - Who 'likes' my Virtual Bagels?

This is a very good explanation on how fb ads can deliver lots of dodgy likes
  21. Contributing User

In my opinion FB ads are good to great brand awareness, i haven't seen them have huge results when selling.

Comments on this post

• CyberNext agrees : Yes, I agree that FB is a part of internet marleting, not a comlpete internet marketing. So we have many other options to go for.
  23. No Profile Picture

yeah mate it works
    i once hired a freelancer from seoclerk and he used the same thing and results very amazing.