1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Lightbulb Facebook ads feasibility?

Hey guys, I have been advertising my website through google for a while now and although a damningly slow process it is giving some conversion rate to my website as i am getting a good number of returning visitors from over their.
    In order to increase my visitor count i signed up for Facebook ads. Now, a $50 credit on google lasted me like around 2 weeks, but the same about was finished on facebook in a day. The results - although a greater number of visitors came to my website, the returning visitor count was just 1 -.-

So my question here is, are facebook ads feasible in the long run? as not only they seem to be eating up my money but it also seems as if they are just giving me random visitors who are not interested to whats there on my website?
  3. No Profile Picture

Facebook is an open social platform wherein people come, check out your product and might not necessarily purchase it.
    For better results, you must target your audience wisely. Try and target pages which are directly associated to your brand or your product.
    Also, use Cost per Click (CPC) system as you are more driven towards sales than promotions.

Hope this solution helps. Cheers.

Comments on this post

• Gameqik agrees
  5. Editor-in-Chief
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Gameqik,

I moved this thread to the Facebook section so it would get more traction. Also, I believe there is a similar discussion here: Facebook Advertising For Pages ??

If I am not mistaken, people are discussing their experience with Facebook ads there.
  7. No Profile Picture

Someone recommended CPC on FB above. Please don't do that.

Every successful FB marketer knows Facebook is near useless on CPC.

Use CPM. Optimize your campaigns and aim for 1%+ CTR on newsfeed ads and 0.2%+ CTR on sidebar ads.

Remember CTR is just a starting metric to determine how responsive your ad is. The thing that matters most is, are you making money? If not start by analyzing your offer. Is it something that will convert well? Is it a good product?

Then move to tweaking your FB target audience. Drill down and find out the best market for your ads. Don't use broad audiences for cheaper CPMs.

Make sure you're not doing direct linking to sales pages unless you have tested the campaign extensively. Most direct selling though FB ads is very difficult, specially for newbs.

Build a list, create a relationship and market to them slowly.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I disagree with the above critique of CPC. I think that if you have a specific local goal that you are trying to achieve, CPC is a good way to do so. If you are trying to generate national or worldwide attention, then yes I agree that CPC is almost worthless. I hope that you get what you are looking for OP.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Visitors from Facebook are not close to the stage of taking any actions. It'll work if you target the same visitors again by using custom audience and retargeting. The same startegy used on AdWords won't work for Facebook ads.