1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What should I do, hire a developer for a new software or Should I Buy a new software?

I need a Software for my Sales audit but The requirements are bit different, so What should I do, either Hire a Software developer or Buy a new software from any Software vendor? I have limited budget but i don't want to make useless expense on some sort of general software!
    please help!

Thanks in advance for your Opinion!
  3. No Profile Picture

Consultation

Well, the scenario might vary in your case. With a proper consultation from a seasoned developer/programmer you will be able to justify your discretion is choosing to buying a software or getting a customized software that would actually cater to your needs in your ecosystem.
  5. No Profile Picture

You should go to any company and ask for its hire developer service and also know the costing of software if you go for that mostly you get lower cost of software compared to hire developer but, as per my experience i have found out that hiring a developer is more good compared to buying a software because you can go as per your personalized needs if you hire any developer.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by pollence
    You should go to any company and ask for its hire developer service and also know the costing of software if you go for that mostly you get lower cost of software compared to hire developer but, as per my experience i have found out that hiring a developer is more good compared to buying a software because you can go as per your personalized needs if you hire any developer.
    Depends.

for Already Built software, you can see how it works such as Joomla. As for hiring programmers, i don't recommend if you are doing this first time and having no experience.

It's possible that they can provide you defective software which can cost you more to maintain.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In your case, I think you should start off by seeking the advice of expert software developers.

Doesn't have to be someone you need to see every day. You can seek the help of experts online. For full time employment, you can look at Staff.com. For contract sites, we have freelancer, elance, odesk, etc.

I'm sure they can work closely with you first on what software to use. Maybe later on when everything goes well, you can work on having your own private software or something you could distribute.

That depends on how you view or situate yourself as a business in the future.
  11. justificational oblivion
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The benefit of a vendor is that you're externalizing maintenance costs, whereas if you design and develop on your own that falls on you. I have been through this question tons of times and the answer for me is usually involves the answers to some of these questions

A)how closely a the given vendor tools match your needs
    [do some comparison shopping first features vs. price]

B)what will be involved in terms of maintenance?

C)what is involved getting this integrated into the rest of your systems

Originally Posted by Adrian98
    I need a Software for my Sales audit but The requirements are bit different, so What should I do, either Hire a Software developer or Buy a new software from any Software vendor? I have limited budget but i don't want to make useless expense on some sort of general software!
    please help!

Thanks in advance for your Opinion!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would recommend to find a free solution and a developing company who has already worked with this solution. They will customize it to your business needs.