Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    OM2
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What's the most SEO friendly shopping cart + Is Joomla SEO friendly?

Two questions:

1. What's the most SEO friendly shopping cart?
    OSCommerce? Zencart? Virtualmart?
    Which is the most SEO friendly?
    (Apologies if this has been asked a million times... I couldnt find any meaningful results from searches I did.)

2. Is Joomla SEO friendly?
    I want to build an ecommerce website.
    I don't want to build an ecommerce website like all the other ones out there: I want to have substantial content as well.
    So... I thought Joomla would be good for the content.
    But... would Joomla be SEO freindly?
    Most Joomla URLS: don't look SEO friendly to me!

3. Also: if I choose Joomla... then is my only shopping cart choice Virtualmart?

Thanks!

OM
  3. Capitalist
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

If you want to pay a company a monthly fee for the cart, go with Volusion. It's about 40 to 100 bucks a month. If you want to purchase a cart outright so you can make your own customizations, go with ASPdotnetstorefront. It costs about a grand.

Alot of people here will say use the free carts, which in my opinion is just fine for some smaller websites. However, if you need a cart with a professional feature set that can handle any type of volume, don't expect it to be free.

And yes, everyone here will tell you that you can get "mods" and that you can customize oscommerce and zen cart. Unless you can code this stuff yourself (And I dont mean using HTML) these free carts simply cant compare to the professionally marketed carts that I listed above.

Do the research yourself, but this is solid advise from someone in eCommerce for a little over four years. I've tried most of the carts out there and there simply is no comparison.
  5. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

DanielR, any experience with Drupal? I was looking at that and Joomla but not sure how they are in regards to SEO and adding a shopping cart. Any insight?
  7. No Profile Picture

Joomla SEO friendly

i have found joomla very seo friendly
  9. water buffaloo

Virtuemart rules

I suggest you to go with Virtuemart/Joomla, same function than Volusion but it's free, and it has them all

you should use:

- joomla last version
    - virtuemart last version
    - sh404 last version

Joomla will give you the base, virtuemart the shopping cart, and sh404 will rewrite your url and manage you metatag.

According to me it's a great soluction

Cheers!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

SEO Ecommerce Solution

In my opinion, hosted shopping carts are the way to go because you don't have to worry about upgrading your shopping cart software and you typically get free updates. Free shopping carts are okay if you run a small store that isn't very mission critical, but when you start getting more volume in orders and traffic, hosted solutions are typically more reliable and secure than a homebrew system.

Hosted shopping carts these days now do a lot more than just ecommerce. They provide reliable hosting that wonít ever go down, data backup, search engine optimization, website look and feel, live monitoring, email marketing, order statistics, etc. Having an e-commerce solution that can provide all of these demands is a fundamental base for having a successful online business and helping your search engine positions for the long run.

Another great hosted shopping cart that's out there is SEO-Cart. They provide around the clock support and their prices are very competitive with the other major players like Volusion and Monster Commerce. With SEO-Cart you get your product feed submitted to Google Base, a dynamic XML sitemap feed, and great search engine friendly URL link structure. It also takes care of your meta description and meta keywords.
  13. Contributing User

Prestashop is great. Open source, SEO friendly and has a ton of great features with a huge update on the way.
  15. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I used Goecart which claimed to be SEO friendly. It's crap.
  17. Contributing User

I will always recommend Magento as a shopping Cart. Itís free, open source, has 1000ís of free extensions, has a great forum for support, and is easy to use.

Checkout the Frontend

Checkout the backend
    Last edited by seogod1505; Sep 15th, 2010 at 02:40 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture

About Shopping Cart that is SEO Friendly

Single CMS can really be user unfriendly. The only exception is Wordpress. The features that is support are no duplicate contents as well as no session ids.
  21. SEO Professional
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Depending on the amount of products you intend to have, there are some WordPress solutions as well. Between market theme, crafty cart, eCommerce plugin.. There are at least 10 shopping cart plugins for WP now.

Joomla can also do the trick and the URL structure can be easily modified in the settings to something more SEO-friendly.

Magento is great though.. tough to beat! Very good SEO-wise and always seem like they are the company to keep up with when it comes to shopping carts.
    Get Your FREE SEO Guide on how I managed to grab the #1 position on Google
    for hundreds of extremely competitive keywords...

==> Get FREE Google Ranking Guide Here!
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I suggest for Magento. Its very much SEO and User Friendly. You have some great software products on SEO and you will be able to solve SEO needs for your Ecommerce site!

Read this - http://yoast.com/articles/magento-seo
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use Actinic myself, it seems pretty SEO friendly, but I can't compare it to anything else
  27. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

AJ Shopping cart is the php based and more seo friendly shopping cart software.
  29. No Profile Picture

I use zen cart. Its very much SEO and User Friendly.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: