1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Zero luck with Wix store

Hi folks,

I've had a shop setup on Wix for months now. Not one single sale. Some of the items sell extremely well on other websites. Sure, our traffic is modest at around 1200 to 1500 uniques for the entire site. The store url had about 170 for the past 30 days. Not one single conversion. I did of course check the shop system with a test purchase, and it worked fine. Even last December, the /shop url saw 236 visitors, and still not one single conversion.

Any insight would be very much appreciated.

https://www.austinstereo.com/shop
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Apr 24th, 2019 at 01:19 PM. Reason: remove live link
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Before reviewing your site I have some questions for you?
    Are you getting referal referal traffic or organic?
    Your target keywords are transactional or informational?
    Have you optimized your landing page properly including product information, call to action like payment options through credit cards, netbanking, cash on delivery etc..
    And last question is your business model allows for online shopping...
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello,
    Some of your questions I'm not sure how to answer. Not sure how to determine transactional vs informational keywords for example.
    Our traffic is a split between organic and referral. One of our key products is a very popular brand that sells successfully on other
    sites and physical stores. Including our own store. Namely the Rega series of turntables. It just seems odd that out of hundreds
    clicks over months, we have not sold a single unit.

As for optimizing the landing page, I've done the best I can within the Wix platform. Yes, some of our business is not online, but
    the web store is specifically selling items suitable for delivery, with a checkout system that allows the buyer to use a credit card.
  7. Administrator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Probably worth checking there's not something fundamentally wrong with the buying process. Make sure there's not a form that's broken.
  9. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I'm not seeing any obvious SEO work, but that doesn't explain the lack of sales if you have had 1200+ organic visitors.

I am personally not feeling safe about making a purchase here, especially when I can go to eBay and have a seemingly more secure transaction. I would establish yourself as an authority, connected in the community with more obvious guarantees. Are you a member of any associations? More content, better descriptions. I imagine that in reality you provide a great product.

It took me a while to even figure out how to make a purchase from the home page. I was looking for options to buy under vintage audio, because I didn't see STORE in the navigation. No options to buy the items showcased there. After a while i realized it was under SHOP. But you only have seconds before losing a visitor. Do you know your bounce rate?

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by engine
    Probably worth checking there's not something fundamentally wrong with the buying process. Make sure there's not a form that's broken.
    I've made a couple of purchases, and the checkout system seems to work finel
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    I would establish yourself as an authority, connected in the community with more obvious guarantees. Are you a member of any associations? More content, better descriptions. I imagine that in reality you provide a great product.

It took me a while to even figure out how to make a purchase from the home page. I was looking for options to buy under vintage audio, because I didn't see STORE in the navigation. No options to buy the items showcased there. After a while i realized it was under SHOP. But you only have seconds before losing a visitor. Do you know your bounce rate?
    Point taken on Shop vs. Store. As for our company as an entity, we have a stellar
    record with Google and Yelp reviews, and have service customers from across Texas, and even out of state.
    I did have Google adwords setup to directly link to a couple of the most popular items. Dozens of click throughs,
    and not one sale.

Bounce rate is around 40%. Since most customers get answers to what they need on the home page,
    location, phone number, and so on, this seems normal enough.

Thanks for taking a look.
  15. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I encourage you to keep tweaking the site, adding content, items I've already mentioned, and other options. I personally like to use paypal when making purchases from unknown sites. I think you can improve the results you are getting.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    I encourage you to keep tweaking the site, adding content, items I've already mentioned, and other options. I personally like to use paypal when making purchases from unknown sites. I think you can improve the results you are getting.
    We currently have Square setup as a payment processor. We have a regular Paypal account
    which we use on Ebay all the time. Wix store requires a "Business" Paypal account. Need to
    look into what that entails.

Good point though. I used to buy quite a bit of stuff from Fry's electronics. When they stopped
    accepting Paypal, I have not bought a single thing there. Especially since Newegg and B&H do
    accept it.