1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Lead Generation Ideas for Hotel deal sites

Hi

I am into this forum after a very long time I hope everyone is doing good.

I need one serious help/advices for a travel website. This is a hotel deal site where people can find various hotel deals etc all over the world. This is a pretty new site and the client is looking for some quick leads. Can u pls suggest me some lead generation tactics to help and suggest him some ways?

Thanks in advance
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

In my experience, pretty much all clients want, if not expect, results as soon as a site is launched, regardless of how well SEO is explained as an ongoing effort. When i have a client that insists on "immediate results" i will typically recommend Pay-Per-Click. I don't have experience in the hotel/travel industry, but based on how many other sites out there that have been doing the same thing, I would guess that your client would need a pretty large budget.

If you do go that route, I recommend a focused approach, that targets a couple vacation/travel destinations that will make some good money if someone books, but isn't as competitive as places like "disney world" (just an example). That way you can get some good traffic and hopefully some conversions without blowing through your PPC budget every month. If you stay on top of it and make adjustments to the site's SEO when necessary, you should start seeing some organic results, which is a good indicator that it might be time to go after additional destinations.

rinse and repeat

best of luck!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would go to similar websites within his niche. I would also see what they're doing and copy them.
  7. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Do you mean lead generation or traffic?

If you're talking about lead generation you need to add forms were you can collect data that you will use later on. The form should allow you to segment your database to increase its pertinence when you use it to send deals, offers, or simply contact them to transform them into regular users or clients. (How ether keep your form as simple as you can to increase the form conversion).

If you're talking about quick trafic & visits to the website you should perform some Adwords campaigns while generating deep-links to increase your SEO performances slowly but surely and be sure your pages are optimized for crawling and indexing.
  9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You could generate leads outside your website too.

Social media contests for exemple, interactive videos, etc, etc... But this generally have a cost, either in advertisement visibility, either in prices to be won, etc...

If you tell us more on the levers and objectives available to you for this project we could be more specific.
  11. No Profile Picture

Facebook advertising with a strong call-to-action and photo with detailed ad campaigns of demographics. Demographics will include "interest: travelers" and those who would want to go to specific locations your clients website offers. For example people who would visit china, find interests that chinese people like, find shows chinese people watch and etc. Adwords will be more expensive than Facebook. You will not get any "free leads" until your SEO takes off so they best have a nice sized budget ready.
  13. Founder, SEOChat.com :)
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Show plenty of beautiful people (especially women) smiling and having fun.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Nice replies you got here!
    The thing about increasing the traffic is that you just need to have some good promotional campaigns done in the right manner. You can access the power of social media and also make use of your personal network for word of mouth publicity. I won't get into it as you already have some good answers here.

I'd tell you about email marketing. This one is the most preferred mode of communication and the one that many use to retain the traffic. It definitely helps you to grow your audience base and lets you be in constant touch with them. Provide newsletters to the new visitors as well as the existing customers and let them know your expertise in the field. This will keep them engaged, provide some value to them and also keep them hooked to your website. There are many tools out there that will help you in this. Tools like OptinMonster, ConvertPlug, ExitIntent tool etc. can really hook your potential customers/ visitors to your site and provide you a chance to make them a regular visitor and get their email-ids. Try using them and grow your email subscribers. This will not only bring you new guys, but also help you in retaining them.