1. No Profile Picture
    Master
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Where do you find your ideas?

Where do you find your ideas to write about? Do you look to the daily news for inspiration? Or do you just have ideas that pop into your head that you write about?

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If you are an expert in the topic you are writing about, then you should have no trouble coming up with topics.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
    • Prof.stan agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Master

I usually do not have trouble coming up with ideas. I was merely asking where others got their ideas from.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : When you are sure about a subject, you should not have any problem of looking at it, from various angles, coming up with a number a topics in its regard. Working towards it in an effective manner and producing written beautiful pieces.
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

You mean for like blog posts and stuff?

We have a few keyword suggester tools on SEO Chat that might be helpful:
    Google Keyword Suggest Tool | Google, Amazon, YouTube, and Bing Search Suggestions
    Related Keywords Tool | Discover Keyword Opportunities with the Related Keywords Tool

Kind of like a thesaurus, but for topics and search terms instead of just words. Might give you an idea of what's popular and what's being talked about within your niche.

cbp is right that it's easier when you have a passion for something, too. A good high school buddy of mine is starting a brewery. He's REALLY into brewing chemistry - hops, grains, cook times, temperatures, everything and anything. He's a naturally investigative person. When he likes something, he reads lots of articles, goes to seminars and classes, networks at brewing events. And by doing those things, he's always finding new leads within his niche. So a new idea for a blog post just comes to him, most of the time, when he sits down and says "What do I care about the most right now?"

If you can't tap into that "detective" energy, try finding people who are passionate about a subject to talk to. My brewing friend loves to talk my ear off - everybody needs to think out loud! Ask them questions, try to get them really fired up. When you feel like they're being passionate about something, then you've probably got a topic that folks will love to read and talk about. You might have fun and learn something new, too. Passion is contagious.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

First thing first, Follow people / pages on social media (do not copy) and get inspired. You will get lot's of Idea and new stuff happening in your field
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JonnyP
    Where do you find your ideas to write about? Do you look to the daily news for inspiration? Or do you just have ideas that pop into your head that you write about?
    Long-time lurker, first time poster!

Have been thinking on the OP's question for a little while now and thought I'd finally sign up so I can throw in my .2c! Hopefully this is helpful

I think the above posters raise some really good points. Especially Mark. If you're passionate and invested in what you do, new ideas tend to come naturally. Which isn't to say we don't all suffer from that dreaded writers-block from time to time. No matter how passionate we might be! I know I do, and it can drive me crazy.

That's usually when I down tools and take a break, read something, or start work on something else entirely. 'Productive procrastination', as I like to call it...

As for proven methods for finding new ideas? @itajooba makes a great point: being involved in the discussion surrounding your niche is vital in knowing what others are doing. And what readers are interested in.

I've found tools like Buzzsumo and MOZ OSE are invaluable when it comes to this. Easy to use, foolproof, and quick at that! I've also recently added Alltop to my list of go-to tools after I found it covered in this step-by-step blog post (a number of good ideas when it comes to content in there, actually!).

TL ; DR? My own checklist for new ideas is:

• Be engaged with your target audience
    • Pay attention to social media and trends
    • And keep an eye on competitors.

Oh, and make use of the tools that are available! As Mark and the article I linked above point out, most of these are free. So why not?

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : nice you moved from lurker to posting
    • Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Welcome to SEO Chat :)
    • fathom agrees : Welcome
    • JonnyP agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

It's all about your creativity. Find your inner strength and select the topic which is comfort zone. Get insights about the topic through research. Read various relevant blogs and find the points that will make your blog unique. Write an interesting content.
  15. No Profile Picture

You can also use Search Queries from Google Search Console.
  17. No Profile Picture

Ever since I started working with Aadishesh, I look up my local newspaper advertisements for inspiration. Needless to say that I don't find it difficult to get new topics, but I really enjoy checking out new advertisements for my contents. Also, I do check up on cool blogs and articles to get my stats correct.
  19. No Profile Picture

I write about what I'm told to write about. If I've written about it before, I have a better idea of how to write it. If I haven't, I research it until I feel comfortable enough to write about it.
  21. Contributing User

That's like asking whats the difference between Bosch and Rubens.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

For writing content there are lot of ways to get ideas including brainstorming. looking at your compititor's sites, using your own offline material and listen to customers need. If you follow below mentioned points, your content will certainly attract public attention towards the product for which you are writing:-

- You yourself are the best source of original content for your website. You know most about your website's goals, products, services and you know better that a of lot of information would be interesting and useful for your site visitors. You must brainstorm your ideas with new contents and collect important ideas which will be helpful to you in your later content writings.
    - For getting ideas you must look at competitors for website ideas.
    - Offline materials are also useful for website content.
    - Listen to your customers for creating helpful web content.