1. No Profile Picture

Question Starting Backlinking from scratch

Hey guys,

Ive recently got a new job and an SEO trainee and the business i work for has decided to make my first job to start link building for our own website.

i don't want to link it because i know me ill get into trouble for it but its a brand new SEO website which isnt very popular. they want me to start building it up but i have no idea where to begin.

I've been looking at marketing forums and newspapers to see if thats the right way but im utterly lost. can anyone help me get into the right direction?

Many thanks in advance
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Frankly you need to read a lot of existing information to create useful links and avoid bad ones... but the #1 thing with "useful links" they are "earned" not "just placed because you wanta link".

Start with social media Google+ profile, facebook, twitter, etc. You have a big challenge to create a following on each but it will pay dividends in the long run.

Work on local search citations as well if you work for a physical company.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

for it but its a brand new SEO website which isnt very popular. they want me to start building it up but i have no idea where to begin.
    You got a job for an seo site that isn't popular and you have no idea as what to do? It's amazing you'll come here and state such a comment.
    Your seo site won't ever be popular until you have someone who works there that might know a little about SEO.
    I'll bet you don't tell any potential clients you don't have a clue what your doing. Additionally the person that hired you doesn't know anything as well or they would have never hired you to build links, or did you tell them you know what your doing?
  7. No Profile Picture

thats awesome ill look into doing that with the social media, we already have a twitter but theres none others so thats where im gonna start. thanks for the head start hopefully i can come back soon and help others who were like me
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    You got a job for an seo site that isn't popular and you have no idea as what to do? It's amazing you'll come here and state such a comment.
    Honesty is the best policy i say, its practically just started taking people on which is great so were working from the bottom up we have someone coming in to help us but hes currently teaching us the on page optimisation for the websites, which is great but i already know most of it so i thought id come get a head start on how to start back linking from others who know where to start

Im not currently working with clients for that reason, thus why im here. one person can only teach you their version of what is SEO. i want to learn about everyone else who also have had experience too. but im glad you agree with me, the idea of us having few SEO awesome people here seems weird.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

First make sure the content on website is unique.. Do On-Page Optimization.... & then go for Off-Page Optimization....

Also, do more of Social Media Marketing on websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc..
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

As you are an SEO trainee, you are beginning to learn SEO and that's good. So you are new in SEO right? Then consider going through articles online and reading ebooks for beginners on how to generate backlinks. That would be good. But for now as a quick start, you can generate backlinks from many ways, like submitting your sites to directories (not all directories are beneficial), do follow blog commenting, forum signature and so on. As you explore the tips and guides on SEO, you will understand the basics and come through various terms.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If it is a SEO company you will probably benefit by starting a blogpage on the subdomain of your employer's site. And since you are probably already researching a bit on how to articles on SEO you yourself can share that knowledge in your own style onto blogs for your company. This will bring in considerable web traffic to your site.