1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

So we've created a HTML5 infographic

I'm kind of looking for ideas and ways to promote a html5 infographic that my team recently built for a client.

It's interactive, embeddable, and really nice looking. It works, and does quite a decent job -- if I may say so.

But I'm looking to gather ways to promote this tool/page the infographic is sitting on. In the past we've made use of StumbleUpon, and I've recently become in charge of promoting it on social media sites and whatnot.

Here are the places that I've shared it on so far:
    visual.ly
    visualizing.org
    StumbleUpon

I also have a massive list of infographic sites to promote the tool. It's actually a travel related infographic, so I have actually approached a few of the big travel websites to see if I could possibly get the tool embedded on their websites.

However, that's the obvious thing that one would do to promote such an infographic.

I'm wondering what paid options are there, aside from StumbleUpon, to increase the infographic's visibility? i.e. to give the infographic the audience that it requires to be shared on blogs & social media

If anyone has anything other than StumbleUpon then I would appreciate it. I've also looked into Facebook and Twitter, however that currently isn't an option at the moment that we can use.

If any of you would like to see the html5 infographic then I would be more than happy to post it. (if that doesn't break any rules here)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would recommend reconsidering any paid options; it's most likely going to run afoul of Google Webmaster Guidelines and considering the time/money already put into it, spending more money for no guarantee of traffic is just going to lower the client's ROI (or your own!) even further.

Besides Visual.ly and StumbleUpon, there's Reddit and of course Digg. In my experience, however, if you are not a "power" contributor, you are going to need dozens of upvotes REAL quick to to keep infographic trending towards the top of those sites. Otherwise, there's not going to be a lot of visibility and it'll get buried by more engaging content. I've seen many infographics go to die on Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.

An alternative strategy is to find the right Influencers - people who already have a built in audience and network - and get the infographic in front of those people's eyeballs. There are several tools, paid and free, that can help you identify relevant influencers within an industry/niche/vertical. Klout lets you search broadly by topic and of course, there's Followerwonk. You can also do relevant queries yourself and find piece of content that display Author Rich Snippets and then do some snooping to determine who's worth reaching out to.

Once you identify relevant influencers, reach out to them and share the piece of content w/ them, but do not aggressively solicit them to share/post the content. If the content is as good you describe it, hopefully one or two will share it on their own and their audiences will be exposed to it.

Hope that helps!
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by daniel.o
    I would recommend reconsidering any paid options; it's most likely going to run afoul of Google Webmaster Guidelines and considering the time/money already put into it, spending more money for no guarantee of traffic is just going to lower the client's ROI (or your own!) even further.
    Using StumbleUpon's Paid Discovery option would not "run afoul of Google Webmaster Guidelines". ;-) I'm an SEO.

Besides Visual.ly and StumbleUpon, there's Reddit and of course Digg. In my experience, however, if you are not a "power" contributor, you are going to need dozens of upvotes REAL quick to to keep infographic trending towards the top of those sites. Otherwise, there's not going to be a lot of visibility and it'll get buried by more engaging content. I've seen many infographics go to die on Reddit, Digg and StumbleUpon.
    Yep.

An alternative strategy is to find the right Influencers - people who already have a built in audience and network - and get the infographic in front of those people's eyeballs. There are several tools, paid and free, that can help you identify relevant influencers within an industry/niche/vertical. Klout lets you search broadly by topic and of course, there's Followerwonk. You can also do relevant queries yourself and find piece of content that display Author Rich Snippets and then do some snooping to determine who's worth reaching out to.

Once you identify relevant influencers, reach out to them and share the piece of content w/ them, but do not aggressively solicit them to share/post the content. If the content is as good you describe it, hopefully one or two will share it on their own and their audiences will be exposed to it.

Hope that helps!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I was not aware that StumbleUpon had a Paid Discovery offering - I stand corrected

Still, to maximize ROI for the Infographic, I would paid placement as a last recourse.