1. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

please stop "submitting" those "articles"

And asking tedious questions about where you could submit more of them for free. You are wasting your time and it's an insult to your intelligence. Submitting articles to sites like ezineaticles.com etc. stopped having any beneficial SEO effect several years ago. If you want seo results, you need Content Marketing. Google it. It's an art, and when done by artists, it works wonders. While article article submission is what I hope my competition is wasting its time and budget doing.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : To true
    • Ann Smarty agrees
    • SidSilhouette agrees
    Last edited by PhilipSEO; Nov 23rd, 2013 at 08:45 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

100% agree. Article submitting not giving you much seo benefit anymore but what I found is if you have good content and if you share it on G+ relevant group, more people sharing it and linking naturally to your page. It is kind of marketing and marketing bring you natural SEO/links. I have less than a week old dating site and been using facebook and G+ for marketing and received over 78 members so far but I still need to find some better ways to get more visitor/members.
  5. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by PhilipSEO
    And asking tedious questions about where you need to submit more of them. You are wasting your time and it's an insult to your intelligence. Submitting articles to sites to sites like ezineaticles.com etc. stopped having any beneficial SEO effect several years ago. If you want seo results, you need Content Marketing. Google it. It's an art, and when done by artists, it works wonders. While article article submission is what I hope my competition is wasting its time and budget doing.
    SEO_AMs signature is something like "don't mistake activity for achievement"

I think people feel like "well I've created a link, great job me!"

You're behind the times with this post though Philip, "guest blogging" is the new name for "article submission" ;)

Different name, same effect.

But you know people are going to be asking "What should we do instead then? " what would you suggest?.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Write great keyword relevant articles, stick them on your site, link to those articles through social media including related G+ and Facebook groups, give the visitor to your site an easy way to share the article to their preferred social media site. This will give your site some authority and in turn increase your page rank? Am I on the right track here?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by BugEyeBill
    Write great keyword relevant articles, stick them on your site, link to those articles through social media including related G+ and Facebook groups, give the visitor to your site an easy way to share the article to their preferred social media site. This will give your site some authority and in turn increase your page rank? Am I on the right track here?
    yes, you could create also the content based on long tail keywords, this can attract thousand of visits, if you choose keywords with 50-100 searches per month. with 1000 articles you could get easy the 30% of the 50 000 -100 000 thousand. this longtail keywords also tend to get linked by the users , if they find it useful.

for example

keyword : "what does seo mean?"" have 880 searches on Google US. (I used SEMRush)

you could attract clients who do not know what mean seo, and also create a branding to your company as an expert.

also if you use the majestic to analyse the top ranking pages you will see that is a week term and the pages are ranking with only few backlinks.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

*Content Marketing* is the magic word people... develop the art! You must become a publisher/creator of good/awesome/great/quality/excellent content.

Remember *content* comes in many flavors: videos, articles, photos, social, media, contributions, help/assistance, community participation etc etc etc etc (but must genuine, honest, of excellent quality)
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Submitting articles to sites like ezineaticles.com etc. stopped having any beneficial SEO effect several years ago.
    I don't think so.... submitting to article directories works well. Still articles submitted in ezinearticles.com are showing up in google and visitors come to my site.

If you just want to increase backlinks by submitting to article directories, you'd be dissappointed because many directories became very strict with URLs in the articles. . But look at the visitor traffic. You can utilize resourcebox to get backlinks and visitors.

15. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

OK, Radhika, this deserves a more detailed response.

Originally Posted by radhikaV
    I don't think so.... submitting to article directories works well. Still articles submitted in ezinearticles.com are showing up in google and visitors come to my site.

If you just want to increase backlinks by submitting to article directories, you'd be dissappointed because many directories became very strict with URLs in the articles. . But look at the visitor traffic. You can utilize resourcebox to get backlinks and visitors.

Please read what I wrote: “Submitting articles to sites like ezineaticles.com etc. stopped having any beneficial SEO effect several years ago.”

Youe ezine articles may rank for some longtail keywords, and they may bring visitors to your site. But this referral traffic is not an SEO effect.

More importantly, even with this relevant referral traffic, these articles are still a waste of your time and an insult to intelligence.

Let me give you an analogy. Suppose you wanted to get rich. So my advice you is, stop begging in the street, get a job first, make some money, come up with a great business idea, use the money you have made to implement it. If you pull it off, you become rich, that is the only way short of winning a lottery. But you are telling me: no, actually, begging in the street “works well” for getting rich, it is bringing me relevant pennies.

These articles on low level, spam flooded sites are bringing you peanuts. The traffic you are getting is crap. You would be much better off putting those articles on your own site.

But that is still just a part of the whole picture. People write and submit these articles because it is relatively easy and free. But just because it is easy and free does not mean you should be doing it. I have a better idea for you. Writing and submitting articles wastes time. You could be using that time to make money instead. What are you getting paid per hour? Spend the same amount of time on work, get paid for your work, and spend money on AdWords or on real SEO, you will get much more valuable traffic that way.
    Last edited by PhilipSEO; Dec 1st, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

100% agree! Spam is Spam. I will absolutely suspect any article submitted to ezinearticles (and similar) is for link building purposes *only*. If I suspect it, so will Google.

Why risk a potential red flag on your article (and ultimately, your site) by using this well-known and over-used tactic?

My worst pet peeve is when people link commonly known words and phrases to a Wikipedia page to obscure self-serving links. Another red flag. A huge one! If I know it's a tactic used to obscure self-serving links, you bet Google does too.
  19. No Profile Picture

I tend to look at it too …do you see the quality of those ‘submission sites?’ there are spelling errors, run-on sentences etc. Those sites jumped the shark once they started accepting everything under the sun and it came back to bite them. Deservedly I might it, you want quality results – focus your time and energy into quality content.