1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Picking a high volume topic for a low volume theme

Hi everyone,

I have a virtual office business, for which search terms have very low volumes, basically I want to put my business to a larger Audience so would like to know which keywords or blog topics to use that would attract a large audience. I have researched on google trends aswell as the google ad words key word tool, but all the topics I lookup have low search volumes. Is there a better way to search for a hot topic that my target market (small businesses that want to save on their receptionist costs) would be searching for that can be resolved by my product?
    Last edited by kamal1783; Apr 5th, 2014 at 07:03 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi there,

I reckon this may be in the wrong section of this forum, not sure.

However, to answer your question:

As you've already used Google AdWords and Google Trends to research your targeted keywords you may want to think about creating content themed around what your target audience would a) find valuable / useful, and b) would search for to solve a problem they may have.

Another technique you could implement would be to look at your competitors that create content and improve on what they do. Perhaps one competitor has written a seemingly informative guide on 'how to find office space in London' (for example), but in your opinion it could be improved. In which case you may have success by re-creating that content, adding more value to it and promoting it via your social networks (as long as it's 100% unique).

Alternatively, if you really want to stand out in your industry it would be most valuable to create content that hasn't been addressed before. Answer questions that your customers may have, write guides, how-to's and opinion based articles. Sooner or later (as long as what you're writing is high quality) you'll find that people will start to share your content, and your website will attract more visitors.

Hope that helps!
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi SeedPublicity,

Thanks for your response. I have been thinking a lot about this question recently.

I think similar to what you said, Social Media + a Newsletter + the Website + use of traditional marketing maybe more useful. Also I agree with you that the core issue writing content that will engage our client base and answer the questions they are searching for. My question really is: What are my clients searching for?

My feeling is that a lot of potential clients don't know enough about our products to be searching for these or related products with which we compete.

i have blogged a lot of content themed around what competitions have written and also on what I think customers would be searching for but it's not getting the desired response .

Hopefully this new holistic approach is more effective, to be honest I have to admit I have been ignoring social media completely in my marketing, hoping the website will do it's thing, but I need to now step up my game.

as Chantel Dubios from French Animal Control would say, "Game on!".
    Last edited by kamal1783; Apr 15th, 2014 at 12:28 PM.