1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How to perform content marketing effectively?

I heard that recently "Content Marketing" is the new strategy of being on top of the SERP. But how to perform it effectively, Do we have to write long informative content or short focused content and is regular posting good, if yes then how many posts do i have to post regularly?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Content Marketing is the big push right now. Link building has changed to link earning and the best way to earn links is to have great content that people want to link to. So, you write great content and then market it. There are a number of different ways to go about this. There are tons of articles out there offering tips on content marketing. I suggest you do a Google search for Content Marketing Tips and read a few articles to get you going.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Long-form or short-form -- you should produce content you would want to consume, but yes you need to post on a regular basis. Quality is the true king, not content.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Whether your article is long or short, TO answer you direct to the point--- do an article with a better content, better that what your reader expects. The next task, Market it using social media. Lastly, write again. People want freshest idea out there, fulfill those and you'll get what you want.

Comments on this post

• TheGernalist agrees : Nice answer
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Jen1
    Content Marketing is the big push right now. Link building has changed to link earning and the best way to earn links is to have great content that people want to link to. So, you write great content and then market it. There are a number of different ways to go about this. There are tons of articles out there offering tips on content marketing. I suggest you do a Google search for Content Marketing Tips and read a few articles to get you going.
    I wouldn't necessarily say link building has changed to link earning, it's just the "safest" method to use at the moment.

To add to the conversation, I feel content marketing is very one-dimensional at the moment. I'd like to think we're going more and more into the multimedia sphere (infograhics, videos), however, many still only identify content marketing with written text, which I guess is understandable as it's the primary way for Google to identify your site.
  11. No Profile Picture

People tend to focus a lot on the "content" part in content marketing, but promoting and marketing your content once it has been create is essential. In that regard make content (does not matter that is long form, short form, infographics, etc..) that connects with a specific audience so you can market it easier. Even a simple picture can be content marketing well done, if you post it on reddit and connects with the right audience.