Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How much time do you take to write one post of your blog?

Need advice regarding content writing.
    How much time do you take to write a unique content with original ideas. I know there is no limit on the amount of time we do for research. If the post is around 800-900 words.But I just wanted to compare notes to understand how slow or fast I need to be or what I am doing wrong. I will appreciate all of your replies. Also what is the source of your research. Recently I read that abebooks dot com is a good source from copyblogger,mashable and simplythescoop

Comments on this post

• tulipviolet agrees : On the flip side of that, I've known writers (myself included) that can write 3-4 1500 word articles in a day.
    • bohradevelopers agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I can spend up to a full day to write one post (but do small other tasks during the day as well).
    I use multiple sources, depending on the topic.
  5. Contributing User

Your question is too vague because you are thinking about this upside down.

Let's say it takes a month to write one blog post but because you invested time in making one piece of "killer" content it went viral bringing your site dozens of genuine quality links.

Alternatively you could write one blog post a day and never get anywhere.

Think about how valuable your content is, not about the time it takes to create it...

Comments on this post

• ClickyB agrees : Think about how valuable your content is, not about the time it takes to create it... Yep!
  7. Senior Member

Doodled is right - on top of that, every writer is different. I've met writers that take years to finish a short story (like 3,000 words) and some people that take a week to write a 1500 word article. On the flip side of that, I've known writers (myself included) that can write 3-4 1500 word articles in a day. That doesn't mean they are quality (though I hope they are!). But that is after YEARS of practice and forcing myself to do it everyday (same with my friend).

At the end of the day though, its all about quality and not quantity. Focus on making it good - or great - and you'll be okay. Your speed will increase over time.
  9. No Profile Picture

Writing the post doesn`t take so much time. The longest process is working on it. I can spend a month working on one problem that i want to share.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Lottosend.com
    WOW - then the whole day is gone..
    Why not take it out to writers? you can get on Fiverr, Odigger Elance writers that will write for your blog ..... while you
    do have time do other things ....
    Oh, really, that is not a blog for making money of something else. That is just my notes from my job. Like experiments and experiences.
  13. No Profile Picture

How about a straight answer - actually writing 800 to 900 words (not including research) should take you somewhere between 35 minutes and an hour, depending on the topic, in my experience.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by davidtile
    How about a straight answer - actually writing 800 to 900 words (not including research) should take you somewhere between 35 minutes and an hour, depending on the topic, in my experience.
    Well if you are just talking typing speeds then better move this thread to a secretarial forum ;-)

Research is the essence of a good article. To talk about how much time it takes to type it up is irrelevant.
  17. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Personally it doesn't take me but a few seconds...I'd hire someone to do what they know.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jun 13th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
  19. No Profile Picture

Doodled, I disagree. If an 800-word blog post brings in $20, the amount of time spent writing that post is not irrelevant. Also, if you're an expert on a subject -- a lot of research may not be necessary to write about it.
    Last edited by davidtile; Jun 15th, 2014 at 02:54 PM.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

There are people who can write a good killer 800-900 content within an hour or so. I know copywriters who can compose a good 500-word sales page in less than an hour. I think that the length of time is not really an issue when it comes to producing quality content. There are people who can write a very compelling content within an hour or less. It all boils down to experience and talent
  23. Contributing User

if you're an expert on a subject -- a lot of research may not be necessary to write about it.
    To some extent you are right - those who are good writers and knowledgable in their field can bang out a few articles very fast. However I class a "quality" article as one which is well referenced. So although "I know" some things tracking down good references to back up those points takes time.

Most "experts", in my experience, only have about half a dozen articles that they can put down quickly and without references. After that they slow down as they need to do more research.

If an 800-word blog post brings in $20.
    I don't follow this. What do you mean by 'brings in $20'
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Doodled
    I don't follow this. What do you mean by 'brings in $20'
    Either through ad revenue or pay per article (freelance copywriter). Spending 30 minutes on 800-word blog post that ultimately earns $20 in revenue is more productive (from a purely financial point-of-view) than spending 60 minutes on that same post.
  27. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Either through ad revenue or pay per article (freelance copywriter). Spending 30 minutes on 800-word blog post that ultimately earns $20 in revenue is more productive (from a purely financial point-of-view) than spending 60 minutes on that same post.
    The point isn't how much ad money you can directly earn as "natural links" is money in the bank that can be reused & re-purposed with every new post, but if you are only interested in "$$$" you are wasting your time.

No one will ever link to a "spent 30 minutes on 800-word blog post" that you theorized you will ultimately earns $20 over it's lifetime".

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Pretty much sums up what I would say!
  29. No Profile Picture

Usually it takes about an hour, but sometimes you can sit on computer for hours and have no idea what to write about

Comments on this post

• aryasamaj agrees : I think that the length of time is not really an issue when it comes to producing quality content.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: