Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

How can I make content fresh and exciting?

I am a content writer for eBay Classifieds Blogand I am trying to figure out a way to recycle my content and create new and fresh guest blogs to avoid duplicate content. I can write about anything: housing, neighborhoods, cars, pets, services, etc... Any ideas?

Comments on this post

• bellegit agrees
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Oct 8th, 2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: removed links
  3. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Why do you need to recycle anything? Just write! Recycling content is the most tedious job in the world. You should feel inspired when you write. Think about the kind of stuff you like to read. Use your imagination, be wild, use jokes, be yourself, be unconventional. Humor and narrative are your strongest tools. Tell a story. People follow a personality, not a blog.

Comments on this post

• amit.k agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by veelynn
    I am a content writer for eBay Classifieds Blogand I am trying to figure out a way to recycle my content and create new and fresh guest blogs to avoid duplicate content. I can write about anything: housing, neighborhoods, cars, pets, services, etc... Any ideas?
    I understand the time constraints of a webmaster who also plays the role of a content marketer, in trying to create fresh content for the business constantly. But you are a content writer, I do not understand why you would not have time to create actual fresh content and prefer recreating your older content and disguising it under fresh content. But since you have asked about it here are some ideas:

- Write the same content but with updated ideas (with time there may be some changes in trends that you can use to freshen up your blogs)
    - May be your content was only about 'do's'... add some 'don'ts' and you have a exciting fresh content. You could present this in a tabular format as well.
    - Create a visual guide out of your older content. Which means you lessen the text and offer ideas through visuals.
    - You could add the current year (e.g. 2013) to the title and make little changes to the content accordingly.

Avoiding your recycled content from being detected as a duplicate, is totally in your hands.
    Last edited by Divi-Woorank; Oct 17th, 2013 at 04:02 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

infographs are so in these days! so instead of writing, i now try to make infographics. and like what other people here said, don't recycle your content. i say use the idea of your content and turn it into an infographic.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You can change the content into documents (by adding images and using synonyms in the content) infographics. Best use of content now a days. Helpful in promotion too.
  11. No Profile Picture

You can make your content fresh and exciting by following ways:
    Write catchy headings
    Use relevant keywords
    Add statistics and figures in your content
    Whatever you write should be original
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Try going for infographics! They automatically change the whole content!
    Also, I am sure you are a good content writer, you can recycle all the information used in your blogs - and create a new refreshing one!
  15. No Profile Picture

You can add some interesting relevant images in your text. Also, adding graphs etc will help you to make your content more catchy and informative.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

You don't need to recycle any article. As a writer, you have the capacity to flow your mind into your hand. I mean you will run out of any idea. If you are fed up of plain texts, why no do some image-oriented articles or an infographics, a post accompanied by videos, GIFs, etc.
    Most of all, try to shift writing style, instead of writing the usual why not write humorous articles.

Hope that helps.

Comments on this post

• TheGernalist agrees : Nice one WebOutGateway. Nice idea.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Your content must be impressive and unique and its keywords must be relevant.
  21. No Profile Picture

The term "recycling content" makes me nauseous. Content isn't meant to be recycled, but that's what it has become lately. If you love writing and you have a passion for it, just write! Start the next one and go from scratch. You should be able to do this over and over and love every minute of it.

Good content writers can make a good living, but not from recycling content.
  23. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by transasianews
    Some ideas for making your content interesting are. . . . .
    1)Use white space
    2)Make sure that font size is readable
    3)Use the correct backround
    4)Line spacing
    5)Use some photos
    6)Include some hyperlinks in your content
    7)
    That's all you need for the content to be interesting? You don't think people actually read it, do you?
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  25. No Profile Picture

As much of a paradox as it sounds, look to some young companies and emulate them. While not technically 'fresh' in the sense of unique, it still can give your content the style and feel that will be attractive to readers. Look how many websites and magazines write in the style of VICE these days, for instance. Most would suggest that style to be hip and fresh, yet pretty much everyone is conforming to that style right now in certain industries and fields.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees
  27. No Profile Picture

If you're looking for content ideas you could try Buzzsumo (you can do a free search). Just stick in your topic and it lists the most shared content around that keyword. You can see what content has done well socially and you might find some inspiration there!
  29. No Profile Picture

Smile No Recycle, Fresh content

Please Don't recycle the content. Try to use it as fresh as possible. If your not getting any Fresh ideas look around you and try to get the ideas or Content from the surroundings near you. As you are content writer for eBay Classifieds Blog. Ebay is Product based company. You Can gather as much as New Content for your blog from your surrounding just need to Concentrated. Write the Reviews or Experience of the people.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: