1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Does writing th same quote/statement of a person in multiple sites is a content spam?

I know that publishing same content in different sites/blogs is a spam ( Duplicate Content ) but i have a big doubt that if I'm going to publish an article or news about a celebrity or a famous person, then i should use the quotes and statements of that particular person. The same quote and statement would publish on other sites as well, at this situation what can i do? weather i can publish the exact statement or to publish the same statement in different manner without changing the meaning? in most of the newspapers we would find that statements of people would never be changed but in the case of online news what to do?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In my opinion, writing in your own words without changing the meaning would be better. If you have to use the same quote as said by famous person, you can use it if used correctly. For this, you have to maintain the frequency of your own unique content where the quote is included. Its just my view. Lets see what others have to say.
  5. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If I understand correctly, you are writing an article about a celebrity and are worried about using some quotes and / or statements by that person? If that is the case, don’t worry about it. Just make sure that these quotes are not most of your article. Also remember that you can use partial quotes, short contextual quotes, break up up larger quotes into smaller parts within your article, and you don’t have to quote everything word for word, in some cases you can paraphrase in your own words. Use quotation marks to distinguish direct word for word quotes from everything else.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Banned

When you write the same thing over and over again, it most certainly is considered as a spam. I know quotes/ statements cannot be changed. But if you really do want to post the same on multiple forums, try to re-frame the content in your own words.
  9. No Profile Picture

I don't think that this would be considered as a spam, because you shouldn't definetely change something if it's a quote. Using any quote several times on different websites is not a spam.
  11. No Profile Picture

Create a *shareable* image with the quote in it then instead.
    Find a relevant stock photo with a good background (where text will be easily visible) and use a graphics program to add the text. Use Skitch even, it is free.

Or create a slideshare with the quote(s).

Upload, Share, and Discover Content on SlideShare
    Skitch | Evernote

Everyone knows that articles with images are shared more on social media
  13. No Profile Picture

I have encountered this issue where I quoted someone on a fitness blog (it was an article about intermittent fasting so I wanted to quote the science behind it) Google punished me for it and it took me a few months to recover AFTER I decided to rewrite in my own words. Long story short, I’d recommend keeping it in your own words.
  15. No Profile Picture

Quotes should be attributed like they are in the New York Times, Wall St. Journal, etc. If you're using the same quote multiple times, it should be in different contexts. Don't worry about Google penalizing you if you are creating quality, original content.