1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Blog ideas. Whether to use humour or not?

Hey, guys.

I'm about to go all out on blog posts for maybe the next 4-6 months. Probably using Facebook ads, knowing I have little chance of any getting any ROI for a very long time but it will be good for the brand. In the back of my mind, hopefully, this will yield some natural backlinks and an extra stream to the 'money' page.

My business is in the industry of driving lessons/driving tests. So writing about manoeuvres and so on is what I plan to do... Whenever I see other blogs writing about this, it's very boring. Informative, but boring. The age of my target audience would be between 17-22. Which is within my age range too.

If I was to put humour in the blogs to stand out, do you think this would be counter productive? Because the topic is reasonably serious. I'll give an example, I've been writing a blog about parallel parking, and I've written... 'parallel parking can be a bit like my ex, an absolute mind f***.' Now, 10 years ago - this would have been perceived as incredibly unprofessional. But, to me... it's different... stands out from robotic professionalism, and ultimately, the target audience aren't professionals themselves?

Thoughts?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

A bit of humor can work well AS LONG AS the important details are there, it is fine to write your content with humor. Also, you may want to add a video blog or an infographic type of content too if you want to make the content interesting and engaging to your readers.
  5. No Profile Picture

I have been maintaining one website where I write about driving as well. and my targeted audience is 18-65 ( All he people who actually loves to drive) . When I write about tips they need to care for I use my humor in writing and also in a picture. So they can read and also see the visible content. I prefer image because people see the image first before they proceed to read more, I keep the humor in the first section of the article and also maintain that till the end. Which actually keeps them attracted to the article. I would recommend you to use humor images also which actually drags more attention than only writing can
  7. No Profile Picture

I don't see why you wouldn't use humour in your posts, as long as it makes sense and it's tasteful. You can use funny photos, memes, some jokes, but I might stay away from swearing. That's just my opinion.

But yeah, definitely go for something different!
  9. No Profile Picture

Humor is a great way to catch the attention of people but it is not advisable to use it everywhere. There are other things like facts, figures, information which we can use in the contents.
  11. No Profile Picture

I really enjoy reading blog posts that contain humor or a bit of sarcasm. too much boring talk and i'll go to sleep.