1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Blog content vs. e-commerce conversion?

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a unique problem of mine: I have a webshop and blog at the same domain. Niche area (music industry, focus on media composers/musician, downloadable products, purchases are triggered by emotions rather than problems awareness, kind of lifestyle products), some hundreds visitors a day after 1.5 a year, but most of them lands on the blog and reads articles there. Articles have links to products, all have a usp and the products are not available anywhere else.

Blog content is made around keyword but more around thematic topics, following the latest seo trends. For some niche keyword the site ranks quite well, but it is not in the SERP for the main and most competitive ones. The main point it tries to be educative, entertaining, so overall offering value. The blog articles are quite popular and shared, yet they seem to cannibalize the shop content, so a very few purchases made from blog clickthroughs.

However, when I release a new product and the buzz is happening around the product, they sell well for around 2-3 weeks, then fade out (marketing is intermittent, not everyday task.) to sporadic purchases.

Customers love the products as well, I rarely get less than 5 star reviews.

Any better way to convert readers to buyers?

More time? More articles? More brand-building?

I'd like to hear your experience about this.

thanks,
    Baci
  3. No Profile Picture

I think in your blog, you should create urgency

Ever bought something on sale because the price was good and it was the last one available? Yep, me too. (Sorry, Mr. Floral Shirt at the back of my closet – it was never meant to be.) This is the “fear of missing out” (FOMO) and it’s a highly effective sales tool.
    The idea that something we want (or think we want) is only available for a short time or will soon go up in price can be enough to drive us to buy something we were never sure we wanted in the first place.
    Here are two excellent ways to incorporate urgency into your blog posts:

• Use language that invokes feelings of immediacy by incorporating relatable, data-backed examples that demonstrate the importance of purchasing your product now.

For example, let’s say your product can help an SaaS company reduce its churn rate by 20% within one month. Turn these figures into a situation to which your readers can relate by showing how many customers – and how much revenue – they could potentially lose over a given period, if they chose not to use your product.

• Write with urgency. Begin the post normally, but as you get closer and closer to your conclusion, start to use shorter sentences.

And shorter paragraphs. This makes us read faster.
    And increases urgency.
    That makes us increasingly more likely to act.
    You can also incorporate urgency into your CTAs. This might mean offering a free e-book to your first 100 subscribers, sharing a time-sensitive discount, giving a free bonus gift, or simply reiterating that only a limited number of something is available.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks, I'll use this idea, using visitor rule-based counters.