1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Wordpress SEO after using the Yoast plugin

Hey guys, I am looking to improve my SEO skills and improve my ranking within Google. I have a Wordpress website with the Yoast SEO plugin and configured to a good standard with the pages etc, what I'd like to know now is what else do I need to do?

Are there any tutorials, professional resources, webinars etc that are to a high standard and you could recommend?

Many thanks and I look forward to participating in this forum. Cheers guys.
  3. No Profile Picture

Yoast gives you a good guide to on-page optimization. Run the page analysis to get tips on improving the on-page seo. I think the main key is writing quality, custom, and engaging content.
    See this to get an idea of whats working now. How Google's Panda Update Changed SEO Best Practices Forever - Whiteboard Friday | SEOmoz

Also as far as wordpress goes make sure your avoiding duplicate content issues. Yoast's plugin helps with this you can set noindexs to category, tag, pagnation, archive pages ect... Make sure your content is being indexed from your post pages and not your archive pages.

There is so many factors but I think these are keys to getting started. Just keep looking around online! =)
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yoast plugins are the best plugin for Wordpress. I have a website in WordPress with Yoast plugin and it works fantastic.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yoast actually has a very detailed tutorial for Wordpress SEO on his site. If you haven't read it already give it a read, it's very useful and helped me when i used to use Wordpress WordPress SEO Tutorial. Looking for a book? try The Art Of SEO, it has hundreds of useful content that will help anyone. just search it on an online book shop

Comments on this post

• TcxAnthony agrees