1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wordpress, Page Titles and Google

I redesigned a business blog about 6 months ago and dumped the old content into wordpress.

There are currently about 555 pages in googles index (we add a post or article about every 2 or 3 days and the blog is a couple of years old), the problem is some of google results are the old pages, and some of the them are RSS feeds to comments, even though there are no comments on these posts...

As well some of them instead of having the article title, have the archive title. I installed a redirect 301 plugin for wordpress, so I think this should take care of this problem...

Here's a link to the results, if you want to see how messed up the title tags are, I would like to get this fixed... but am wondering if it's more just me waiting it out, as all the pages seem to be using the correct titles (optimal title plugin).

http://www.google.ca/search?q=site:digitalconversations.net/&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&start=10&sa=N

Should I wait it out and see if the problem fixes itself?
  3. Cyber Geek

You have to wait for Google.

Depending on how many links to your site (and a few other things) determines how often Google tries to read the old pages. It will update itself eventually.

Comments on this post

• tommy2toes agrees : thanks, thats what I thought but wanted a second opinion
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Strangely enough, yahoo and msn have their index up to date in regards to this site.

Yet I am using Google site maps...

Maybe I should opt out of the google site maps and see how long it takes to fix...
  7. No Profile Picture

Here's a link to the results, if you want to see how messed up the title tags are, I would like to get this fixed... but am wondering if it's more just me waiting it out, as all the pages seem to be using the correct titles.