1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Commenting on a Wordpress blog from the same IP address?

Hey all, I belong to a marketing forum where a member has developed a wordpress plugin that will insert comments into blog posts at random intervals set by the plugin from a text file of pre-written comments. But the problem is that when the comments are posted onto the blog they all originate from the same IP address which is 127.0.0.1 - the ip address of the wordpress installation. So you end up with all of these comments on your blog originating from the web host.

I believe that this sort of thing will hurt our rankings and google will penalize us for it. Would that be a true assumption? Can you provide official documentation to back up any replies either way?
  3. No Profile Picture

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one way or the other?
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Here's your comment:
    The internet wasn't created so you could add bull sh*t content in your blog..blogs also weren't created for that trash.
    can you give us the url of this marketing company you belong to?
  7. No Profile Picture

It's a marketing forum. warriorforum.com.

I understand that about crap content, but what about posting very regular comments from the same IP address?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't think google has ANY access to the IP's that post on your blog, you are fine.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

There is no problem in posting comments from the same IP addess.
  13. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I dont think the IP matters if the content is unique it should be fine. You just gotta make sure the comments aren't published elsewhere.

Comments are a type of USGs just like product reviews so you have to be careful about them being original.
    One of my client was hurting because they were creating really good posts but their comments were often duplicated even if they looked orignal so it hurt their ranking.

My solution was to do social commenting instead. And that was to only allow users to login using their FB or Twitter accounts. That eliminated the duplicated content problem.

Again I don't know if the same IP address thing is an issue I really doubt it is but it maybe worth looking into social commenting.
    SEO success depends on your users impression of your website, so think user!
    Sefati Search Consulting |Search Marketing Post | Guest Blog Community
  15. No Profile Picture

I think there is no restrictions to commenting on blogs from same IP.
  17. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

warriorforum, is it? I have heard about your forum atleast not your blogs. They are one of the top choices for cheap seos to spam with signature links and even direct links. So I know what you are upto.

I see that you are going to feed comments with URLs from people who pay you onto those infinite no of blogs you have spanned. Carry on. You are experimenting with something that some heavily guarded SEO wholesellers have done and got busted in the past.

Theoretically only your blog gives a damn about where the comment originated from. That information is not passed on to analytics or any other software. The comment is a part of your page's content. The links that originate their are your responsibility as well. If you link to crap you will be busted as well.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.