1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Site re-design in wordpress

Been looking at a few Wordpress themes and coming across a lot of the SEO friendly ones such as Thesis/Genesis, are these as good as the hype suggests?

Looking in particular at a Genesis theme called agency
    http://demo.studiopress.com/agency/

from a google perspective are the big images on a slider at the top of the page going to harm Google crawling and indexing my homepage? (or is Google clever enough these days to know what is going on?)

Just wondering as it would push my content down around the page fold area so not sure it may be such a good idea
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Err thanks for moving my post but I'm not referring to a Blog, I'm talking about re-doing my website in Wordpress and it's a Google question I was asking anyway?!
  5. No Profile Picture

good & best luck.
  7. No Profile Picture

I have same issue and finding solution. I hope i find soon and share with you.
  9. Jennifer Linnuste

Originally Posted by TedWestie
    Been looking at a few Wordpress themes and coming across a lot of the SEO friendly ones such as Thesis/Genesis, are these as good as the hype suggests?

Looking in particular at a Genesis theme called agency
    http://demo.studiopress.com/agency/

from a google perspective are the big images on a slider at the top of the page going to harm Google crawling and indexing my homepage? (or is Google clever enough these days to know what is going on?)

Just wondering as it would push my content down around the page fold area so not sure it may be such a good idea
    Well i see that wiht one that particular theme you do have the option to have text at the top of the slider as well.

Here is some info i found about this theme, http://yoast.com/wp-theme/genesis/. It seems that it is SEO friendly so the slider images should not harm your SEO efforts as Google should not have any issues crawlin & indexing your site. ALT image Tags will also help out as well.

Hope this info is useful to you