1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Shall I Install Buddypress in a separate directory? Or use bbpress in root theme?

Hi,

I am running a wordpress site with custom made theme. I want to have a forum in my website and was planning to have buddypress/ bbpress for it. Just wanted opinions of fellow webmasters upon whether I shall -

1) Include bbpress plugin in root wordpress installation theme. OR

2) Create a separate directory at root and have another wordpress installtion and get buddypress in it.

Please advice which approach will be best for better performance and which is the best SEO practice. Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Well meanwhile I had a talk with some professional SEO's and friends of mine who are in SEO trade as well as made some online research on this topic. As a conclusion I came to the point where I believe keeping forums in a separate directory will be helpful. It will give no adverse impact on my sites SEO performance. Rather it will only help me to keeps my files organized on server.

However I still welcome any opinion of yours - if you have to say anything please comment. It will be helpful to me as well as other webmasters. Moreover it will add to our knowledge-base and rectify any mistakes we are doing.