1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Promotion by social bookmarking and news sites.

Hi guys!

I’ve got a question, and I’ll be glad if you tell me your opinion about it.
    I’m working in software developing company.

Our company started creation of new software.

This product is for the people who need to publish their news and bookmarks on different social sites. It is aimed to be used in marketing and promotion and to make news posting quicker.

General idea is to create simple in use software that could send posts to ANY social site user want. That’s will be main difference between other software of this kind.
    All you need to do is to create an account at any social website you want and input your registration information into the Social Expert program ONCE. Then you'll be able to post information on any registered sites you want.

Unfortunately, I’m not a social publisher, and it is hard for me to define requirements.

And here is my question: What kind of benefits they expect from this product?

I want to receive feedback and suggestions from people who are interested in this product to make it useful. I’ll be glad to know your opinion, which you can post in this topic or through support page on (social-expert.net) Your feedback really help us to keep up the concept of software “made for users by users”.
    Thank you for your attention.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So are you asking us what benefits we can expect from a product you're selling?

I have a question, if you submit your news through this software to sites like Digg or reddit or newsvine, will it help you get votes as well? I think we all know news on those sites is no good unless you get hoards of people to vote for it.
  5. No Profile Picture

This software is an istrument.

Social Expert - will help you just to post your bookmarks or news. Number of votes you'll recieve depends on content.

And another thing that people who waching a social news is not targeted audience... Well, I think that there is a percent of these people who will be interested in products you promoting by social sites. Social sites are increasing its marketing potential...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think the idea of this software you have is good in theory but the fact that it does nothing to promote the news you are submitting kind of seems like a dead end.

I'm not an expert, but I do use social news sites almost daily and if this software is submitting your news to several of those sites, when are you ever going to have time to sit down and figure out how to win votes if you're a novice?

I'm sure there are those out there who sit on their behinds all day and have a system of acquiring votes, but it sounds like your target market is those of us who have great stories but no time to submit them, thus no time to glean votes. Am I right?

Just a thought....
  9. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb Power to the People

I reckon what you need to do is get together a big list of all the sites that it would be useful to submit these articles to. If you can get a big list together then you have done half the job for those people that want to publish to lots of sites.

I can see benefits in the software, its all about getting more links out there.

Social search will soon take over, Google and the traditional engines are filling up with crap, posting to the social sites means that if your content appeals to particular groups of users, some one will pickup on it and it will spread throughout the community that IS interested.

VIVA social search!

Originally Posted by feast
    Hi guys!

I've got a question, and I'll be glad if you tell me your opinion about it.
    I'm working in software developing company.

Our company started creation of new software.

This product is for the people who need to publish their news and bookmarks on different social sites. It is aimed to be used in marketing and promotion and to make news posting quicker.

General idea is to create simple in use software that could send posts to ANY social site user want. That's will be main difference between other software of this kind.
    All you need to do is to create an account at any social website you want and input your registration information into the Social Expert program ONCE. Then you'll be able to post information on any registered sites you want.

Unfortunately, I'm not a social publisher, and it is hard for me to define requirements.

And here is my question: What kind of benefits they expect from this product?

I want to receive feedback and suggestions from people who are interested in this product to make it useful. I'll be glad to know your opinion, which you can post in this topic or through support page on (social-expert.net) Your feedback really help us to keep up the concept of software "made for users by users".
    Thank you for your attention.
  11. No Profile Picture

(echoing TwentySix2) so... u... decide to create a piece of software, and then decide to ask around for what benefits someone can expect from ur software? doesnt sound like ur company would be the best company to buy this sort of thing from then!

Originally Posted by feast
    I want to receive feedback and suggestions from people who are interested in this product to make it useful. I’ll be glad to know your opinion, which you can post in this topic or through support page on () Your feedback really help us to keep up the concept of software “made for users by users”.
    "made for users", perhaps. "by users"? i would argue no.