1. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

You Can Read Whole Wikipedia Articles In Bing Search Results Pages

Here's something new: Bing Putting Entire Wikipedia Pages in Search Results Answer Box Test - The SEM Post

It's kind of like a carousel but with wikipedia sections. Some sections are shortened but others can be expanded to a pretty wild length.

It's just a test for now, not everyone is seeing them. I can't see them live yet, myself.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Well! Between that and Google's Knowledge Thingy, in which direction do you think search engines are moving? ;)

I have a strong hunch where that is. What I don't know is how I can survive it!
  5. Administrator
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Back in college we all used to joke about "iPhone culture." In every conversation, if anyone had a question or wanted to make a reference, instead of puzzling it out together everyone would pull out their iPhones and look it up. Having Wikipedia accessible in SERPs so you don't even have to go to the website would make that easier, I guess.

I just remembered this article as well, which might dovetail into why Bing would experiment with Wikipedia in its SERPs: Survey: Consumers Prefer Mobile Browser To Apps For Local Information

If more people are using browsers than apps, it makes business sense to cater to that and keep that advantage. But I imagine it'll be rough for the rest of us
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thx for sharing Mark! Haven't read the entire article but it does seem interesting. This may have some impact on Bing's popularity. However, I am not sure to what extent. People are already used to Google and everything that this SE is offering. Handy nevertheless. I would still go to wiki page because I usually search for more than one result at a time. I do like their strategy.
  9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

in which direction do you think search engines are moving? ;)
    Keep users on SERPs to serve them more ads? Could sounds logical, big search engines are mainly business corporations.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta