Great community. Great ideas.
Welcome to SEOChat, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their Search Engine Optimization knowledge. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.
May 7th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Wondering if anyone know the differences in terms of SEO for Yahoo compared to Google? I have a site in question ranking in the top 3-4 in Google but in Yahoo it's on page 2. I see crap sites ranking in the top 3 for those same keywords, no backlinks to these sites, no keywords in domain name, garbage links, etc...basically sites which Google will never rank in there top 20 pages! A bit stumped on what criteria Yahoo looks for...my site's also in the Yahoo Dir, keywords in the domain name, healthy link profile, etc.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
May 14th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yahoo's SEO is simlar to their messed up as their CEO situation. It's not computer science it's business.
All joking aside, Yahoo's SERPs are handling by Bing, so do your research on the Bing engine to improve your yahoo results.
May 14th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I would never worry about yahoo or bing at the moment there market share is really bad. I currently rank #1 on both for allot of highly competitive searches and I get about 1/10th of the traffic from Google.
Also I always think of yahoo/bing as a behind google, but that being said if you do focus on yahoo then you will not successes in google. Why? Because yahoo/bing will count links that google gives no credit or negative credit to.
So focus on Google and only Google and you will master your traffic the others will just follow.
May 26th, 2012, 09:29 PM
This is possible that the sites you are talking about , are old , and may be your sites are new, that,s why you sites are not in good rank in yahoo and bing.
May 29th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Well I never consider yahoo for while making my SERP or while making my SEO strategy.
As you said that your website is ranking in Google on top 3 and for in Yahoo its in top 20 so and the low quality sites are ranking.
The reason is Google always update its algorithm to provide users best search results and I have never heard such update from Yahoo.
So you don't need to worry about Yahoo, if your website is going good on Google then Cheers
Jun 4th, 2012, 02:56 AM
google or yahoo
i also want to know is the google is the best or yahho for the seo tell me and also tell me how i can do seo on yahoo
Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
Yahoo back link is very Important For SEO. Yahoo answer also give opportune about SEO.
Jun 29th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Top SEO Tips From Yahoo :-
1) Register your domains for 2-5 years, not 1 year
2) Avoid buying domains with multiple dashes
3) Do begin to obtain RELEVANT links from high authority pages and directories as soon as possible for both new and old sites
4) Beware who you link out to and do not participate in link exchanges with non-related content sites
5) Have a plan in place to update your site regularly with new content and shuffle featured content regularly.
6) Do use Yahoo Site Explorer (beta) to monitor your site to see how many pages are indexed and to analyze the links to your site.
7) Do write unique quality articles and submit them to article directories
8 ) Do use press releases and submit the to places like prweb.com
9) Build your links and submit to directories gradually. Mix up the anchor text of your incoming links with your top 5 or 6 keyword phrases and category keyword phrases.
10) Avoid search engine forums and areas where kids and beginners with no experience spread bogus rumors.
11) Do read Matt Cutt’s blog, threadwatch.org, Pandia, Search Engine Watch, Search Engine Land (new), and other top expert sites for additional information.
12) do invest in the right professional tools for seo and avoid the spam *tool of the day*
13) Avoid auto-page generators at all costs. They leave footprints and are a waste of time.
14) Do have a long term SEO and content plan. Long term unique valuable content will always beat out spam in the long run.
Jul 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Yahoo SEO depends on keywords and inbound links for ranking any website. You should search your keywords which you want to rank, create the content based on those keywords. In addition, maintain a specific keyword’s density by using keywords properly in your content.
Google is the most used search engine all over the world so, everyone wants to know how to optimize website for Google so it comes in top 10 results. To optimize your site for Google, do all that you did for Yahoo and Bing. But keep in mind never over do anything as Google will put you in the sandbox. Sandbox is actually a penalty imposed by Google on website for over doing SEO.
By parassshah in forum SEO Chat Articles
Last Post: Jan 26th, 2006, 11:53 PM
By rten2005 in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
Last Post: Mar 20th, 2005, 03:57 PM
By RSS_News_User in forum Technology News
Last Post: Mar 18th, 2005, 08:00 AM
By fabrizio in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
Last Post: Aug 31st, 2004, 08:44 AM
By Phoenix in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
Last Post: Mar 29th, 2004, 01:18 PM