1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yahoo ranking my anchor text link pages highly over optimized pages

I have a relatively new site (~6 months old). I feel its been pretty well optimized. For google and esp. msn many of my pages rank pretty high for the keywords I've optimized them for. But my yahoo search results stink in this regard and I have virtually no hits coming in from Yahoo. My pages are indexed in yahoo and I have submitted a sitemap to siteexplorer.

I noticed a strange trend in some yahoo searches to test my ranking where a page of mine will rank relatively high, but rather than it being the page I want, its a page somewhere else on my site that's not optimized for my keywords (and only has a link with anchor text to the page I'd like to be ranked there) many times this is my sitemap page.

Is this a common trend, ie Is this just yahoo being yahoo? Should I just hold out a little longer to see if this clears up as my site grows in age or should I actively try to do something? thx in advance...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

as far as ive observed,, yahoo depends on your on-page optimization.. regular updates and link building can boost you rankings.. you also have to be patient.. if your targeted keyword/s has a high search result, surely you'll need more time to get on top... patience pal,, patience...
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by toinkzzz
    as far as ive observed,, yahoo depends on your on-page optimization.. regular updates and link building can boost you rankings.. you also have to be patient.. if your targeted keyword/s has a high search result, surely you'll need more time to get on top... patience pal,, patience...
    Thanks for the input. I kind of figured as much I just thought it was a wierd trend for my sitemap to rank higher than any other page on my website. Hopefully this will change in due time.