1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yahoo Pay For Inclusion Rolling Out in April

If you are wondering how in the world you might get included into the the Yahoo index, besides already being in there. It shall be possible pretty soon. I got this email from ineedhits.com tonight regarding the Inktomi PFI I have. However I haven't heard from positiontech.com on any of these changes, hopefully there will get with the pack and post something too.
    So it seems that the best way to get into Yahoo is by Inktomi PFI for the moment, even though it will expire in April. Purchase the new pay for inclusion when it rolls out in April. Or, pay for a listing in the Yahoo directory! In my opinion its definately worth it now, and its one asset Yahoo wants to exploit to its full extent.

:smile:

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT INKTOMI SEARCH SUBMIT:

Dear Inktomi Search Submit Customer,

Yahoo! Search has transitioned to its own search technology and is preparing to launch a new inclusion program. As a bonus for Search Submit customers, Yahoo! Search is providing a free trial of Yahoo! traffic that will end on April 15, 2004. During and after the free trial of Yahoo! traffic, you will continue to receive your usual traffic from the rest of the Inktomi distribution network.

When the new inclusion program launches, Search Submit customers will have the option of joining the new program for ongoing participation in Yahoo! Search results.

Questions?
    If you have any questions, please contact the customer service team at our international toll free number 866 873 5834 or 011 800 4633 3448 (US (incl. Hawaii) & Canada) or at ink.query@ineedhits.com.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I just got off the phone with an Inktomi Representative and was told that, after April 15th, Inktomi Pay For Inclusion Subscribers will NOT be included in the Yahoo! results.

Yahoo! pay for inclusion will be a separate subscription!

So, do NOT sign up with Inktomi just to get into Yahoo!
    Last edited by mcdar; Feb 19th, 2004 at 09:24 AM.
  5. Contributing User

So for now is it my understanding that you can only get into Yahoo through Inktomi?

The $299 inlcusion fee into Yahoo no longer exists and as of April, 2004 there shall be a new inclusion program?

I also see that to become a paid sponsor, you need to sign up for the overture program...Does this program seem worth it in everyones experience?

Thanks!
  7. Contributing User

The $299. is for inclusion in the Yahoo! Directory. Not neccessarily in their regular web search.

To sign up for Inktomi paid inclusion will cost $39. for first url (if you do a bunch together I think additional urls are $29. ea). HOWEVER, that $40. will get you into Yahoo! until April 15th then they will drop you unless you pay to sign up for Yahoo! pay for inclusion.

I paid to get 5 sites listed in Inktomi last month. If I knew then what I know now, I would have waited. I did it in anticipation of being automatically included in Yahoo!

In my personal opinion, inclusion in MSN and the others but NOT Yahoo!, was not worth the money. I guess time will tell.
  9. Contributing User

THanks for the INFO!

So i Take it come april Yahoo will introduce a new pay for inclusion program?

CBR
  11. Contributing User

Yes, according to their email sent out this morning and which is quoted in Phoenix's post above.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is it worth to pay to be listed in the directory? We've been trying for 2 years with no results.

We have tons of hit in the main searches but just not in the Directory.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=thr...t&cop=mss&tab=

Its almost like one of the editors just hates our site for somereason. We keep being ignored.