Thread: Yahoo Cache

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yahoo Cache

Our site was #1 on Yahoo Search for the past the year and then - Poof. Completely gone. I discovered that we had purchased our domain with .bz and that it had not been "pointed" properly with a 301 redirect. In other words, pages began popping up in Yahoo Search with the .bz for a search of OurDomain.com and they must have triggered the Yahoo Duplication filter. Three weeks a go we took down the .bz, but the pages still keep popping up in Yahoo cache even though there's no longer a .bz site. Does anyone have an idea how long it will be before this clears up?
  3. Mr. Goober Guy ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by NCC1701
    Our site was #1 on Yahoo Search for the past the year and then - Poof. Completely gone. I discovered that we had purchased our domain with .bz and that it had not been "pointed" properly with a 301 redirect. In other words, pages began popping up in Yahoo Search with the .bz for a search of OurDomain.com and they must have triggered the Yahoo Duplication filter. Three weeks a go we took down the .bz, but the pages still keep popping up in Yahoo cache even though there's no longer a .bz site. Does anyone have an idea how long it will be before this clears up?
    Lord, with Yahoo there is not telling. I have crap from october of last year still showing up. Sigh....with every new one I have to do a redirect to keep my 404 errors down and just way to many old pages to just do them all.

Maybe trying contacting Yahoo about this. I don't know if they have a remove pages option like Google, but someone else here might have an address for this.
    Cheerios!

New to SEO? See the FAQ!

My Disclaimer:
    Don't Listen To Me - I know nothing!