1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why MSN drops index page priority?

hi all,

Why MSN drops index page priority? i.e., if I search sitemy URL it is not showing index page as a first SERP result, inner page is coming. The main index page is shown at 6th or 7th place.

Can any one tell me what's the reason for dropping and also tell me how I can get index page as a first result.
    Last edited by RickyLim; Apr 8th, 2008 at 06:23 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by RickyLim
    hi all,

Why MSN drops index page priority? i.e., if I search site: my URL it is not showing index page as a first SERP result, inner page is coming.

Can any one tell me what the reason for dropping is and also tell me how I can get index page as a first result.
    Hi

We can tell you in better way... if you post the url here ...obviously according to forum rules

Regards
    Bossy
  5. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

the answer would be in your domain. If you have the keyword on it. On the index page issue, maybe you are not submitting the index page of your site to search engine.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by full house
    the answer would be in your domain. If you have the keyword on it. On the index page issue, maybe you are not submitting the index page of your site to search engine.
    Even I have faced same problem that my site is almost 2 years old, it performed well be getting 2nd & 3rd Positions for all my top performing keywords in MSN.com but now last one month the index page has been moved/reduced to 6th place when I type site:mydomain.com, my other pages are coming on top.

Advice us to move it to top..even I have resubmitted index page to MSN.com but it didnt worked out.

Waiting for the reply,
    James Peterson
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by peterson
    Even I have faced same problem that my site is almost 2 years old, it performed well be getting 2nd & 3rd Positions for all my top performing keywords in MSN.com but now last one month the index page has been moved/reduced to 6th place when I type site:mydomain.com, my other pages are coming on top.

Advice us to move it to top..even I have resubmitted index page to MSN.com but it didnt worked out.

Waiting for the reply,
    James Peterson
    As far as your rankings are concerned with MSN .. IMO MSn supports new sites. and yahoo looks no of back links...( this is my experience) .. try building good quality links from your homepage ... and just a guess ... check your index page in cache ? is it their ... THIS CAN BE THE PROBLEM if their is any indexing issue IMO

Post the url for better views

Regards
    Bossy